Silly Question #2: Chariot

.traveller.

How do you read the Chariot as something to beware of or to watch out for in regards to another person? Some thoughts I had were that they move too fast or are reckless, or maybe they don't have a vehicle.

kmusky

Or they may accidentally end up playing in traffic. Or they are not in control, and are getting pulled in two different directions at once.

rwcarter

Maybe they're literally out of control and may bring you (or the Querent) down with them? Or they're about to crash and burn? They're determined to run the Querent off the road? They will try to intimidate the Querent?

Rodney

Kobarot

Someone bombastic, willful, and out of control. Or perhaps one's own loss of control (yours or the querent's, if you're reading for someone else) regarding someone else.

Hooked on TdM

Could also be someone who takes control, or likes to be in control (takes the reins.. horse talk...)

Hooked

balenciaga

The person is coming on too fast - you are the aim. All their energy is directed at you, the target.

starrystarrynight

I would say that the card has less to do with the other person than with the seeker in this position. So, my take is that the seeker may have to be careful not to lose her self-control or will-power around this other guy because though they may be equally "strong," the other may have more control over himself than the seeker has over herself in this particular situation.

The whole gist of the Chariot, the way I see it, is that two opposites come together to work something out --equal control from both sides to get the job done. If this is something the seeker needs to "watch out for in regards to the other person", then it sounds like the other guy has more control--but only in the sense that the seeker, herself, is in danger of giving up that control (not that she doesn't have it to begin with or that the other guy is forcing the issue.)

I don't know if that makes any sense. I hope it does.

afrosaxon

.traveller. said:
How do you read the Chariot as something to beware of or to watch out for in regards to another person?

My take is that this person will run roughshod over you if you're not careful...chariots don't have brakes that can you can just step on slow them down :laugh: A charioteer tends to understand (And enjoy) the rush of such a fast-moving vehicle and the horsepower (literally as well as figuratively) that goes along with. It becomes a question of staying in the path and getting run over vs. jumping out of the way.

Also, unless the chariot slows down so that you can get aboard safely, catching a ride really isn't an option.

Just my $.02.

T.

liveinpeace

I did a self-reading this morning on discovering my psychic abilities. In the spread, The Chariot came up for the question: what are the things I should be careful about in regards to using my psychic abilities?

My take on it was that struggle is essential to grow and the time is ripe for the conflicting forces within to be recognized and processed so that progress can be made.

I had to let this "soak" in for a while but it fit my situation so The Chariot's not always a bad thing. :)

Allison70

.traveller. said:
How do you read the Chariot as something to beware of or to watch out for in regards to another person? Some thoughts I had were that they move too fast or are reckless, or maybe they don't have a vehicle.

The Chariot is also about victory so perhaps the person is focussed on achieving their own goals and may not notice or not care if someone else is disadvantaged by their will to succeed.