Something New from Kim Krans and the Wild Unknown

feynrir

Question about cardstock!!

Thank you, you two for the replies...
Got mine yesterday along with the guide book and the second edition of the Wild Unknown.
I have 2 copies of the 1st edition, but was curious about the second.
They came packed so cute...and the decks are truly wonderful.
Hope it gets a little more popular...I like it much better than Connected and Free.
And so nice to have an oracle to work along side the TWU.
I'll post a little more once I've worked with it.

Hi lark in particular! (Anyone is free to answer this for me though, please jump on it!)

Is the Animal Spirit Oracle's cardstock more similar to the 2nd Edition Wild Unknown deck? I would assume so, but I wanted to double-check from those in the know :)

I am thinking so hard about this one lately. Mainly for the Unicorn and Bee cards, wow :)

danieljuk

This lady has a video review of the deck.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0WJTvRDrXI

She says about the cardstock (summarised by me :) )......

it's the same as the Tarot 2nd edition, not as thick as the WU 1st edition. It's also smooth in texture. The reviewer complains the deck was bowing as soon as she got it, however the bowing improved after a few days. She says it's not flimsy but it is compared to the 1st edition WU. I presume the 2nd edition are thinner cards of the tarot.

If anyone in the UK is interested, I have seen some shops online have started to get the oracle and book, it's not cheap though! I am saving up to get it in the next few months :):thumbsup:

lark

Hi lark in particular! (Anyone is free to answer this for me though, please jump on it!)

Is the Animal Spirit Oracle's cardstock more similar to the 2nd Edition Wild Unknown deck? I would assume so, but I wanted to double-check from those in the know :)

I am thinking so hard about this one lately. Mainly for the Unicorn and Bee cards, wow :)
Yes it is just like the second edition deck, same card stock.
The printing is nice and clear too and the colors vivid, I like it very much now that I have been using if for a few weeks.
Easy to shuffle.
I have so many favorite cards
The fire ants are amazing
The nightingale...of course because I'm a lark :)
The bee is super cute
The deer is so gentle looking
I could say something positive about every card except I don't like the Panther with it's big mouth open it seems out of place somehow.
But that's it, I truly like all the other cards.
Glad I got it it's a keeper.

feynrir

This lady has a video review of the deck.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0WJTvRDrXI

She says about the cardstock (summarised by me :) )......

it's the same as the Tarot 2nd edition, not as thick as the WU 1st edition. It's also smooth in texture. The reviewer complains the deck was bowing as soon as she got it, however the bowing improved after a few days. She says it's not flimsy but it is compared to the 1st edition WU. I presume the 2nd edition are thinner cards of the tarot.

If anyone in the UK is interested, I have seen some shops online have started to get the oracle and book, it's not cheap though! I am saving up to get it in the next few months :):thumbsup:

Yes it is just like the second edition deck, same card stock.
The printing is nice and clear too and the colors vivid, I like it very much now that I have been using if for a few weeks.
Easy to shuffle.
I have so many favorite cards
The fire ants are amazing
The nightingale...of course because I'm a lark :)
The bee is super cute
The deer is so gentle looking
I could say something positive about every card except I don't like the Panther with it's big mouth open it seems out of place somehow.
But that's it, I truly like all the other cards.
Glad I got it it's a keeper.

Just wonderful! Thank you so much for your quick and honest responses! :D

I will definitely give this deck a go! How necessary do you think the companion book is? I have TWU Tarot and never got the companion book--it felt unnecessary to me. From what I'm learning about this oracle deck though, its book seems pretty darn awesome with the food chain/ordering of the deck information, and it even chastises against searching too hard for one "spirit animal." This all sounds refreshing :)

Thanks for your $0.02 in advance :D

lark

Just wonderful! Thank you so much for your quick and honest responses! :D

I will definitely give this deck a go! How necessary do you think the companion book is? I have TWU Tarot and never got the companion book--it felt unnecessary to me. From what I'm learning about this oracle deck though, its book seems pretty darn awesome with the food chain/ordering of the deck information, and it even chastises against searching too hard for one "spirit animal." This all sounds refreshing :)

Thanks for your $0.02 in advance :D
You should get the book.
It's an oracle and does have a system so the book is pretty necessary..and may I say it is a very good book.
You could I suppose use some kind of animal spirit guide book to look up the animals and use that to direct you to understanding their energies...but the guide book is so specific that I feel you would lose a lot of the decks uniqueness if you didn't buy it.
So yes, spring for the book in this case.
edited to add: there is a sheet of meanings that comes with the deck they are short.
Example fire ants....aggression, following orders.
So the book rounds out the meanings.

feynrir

You should get the book.
It's an oracle and does have a system so the book is pretty necessary..and may I say it is a very good book.
You could I suppose use some kind of animal spirit guide book to look up the animals and use that to direct you to understanding their energies...but the guide book is so specific that I feel you would lose a lot of the decks uniqueness if you didn't buy it.
So yes, spring for the book in this case.
edited to add: there is a sheet of meanings that comes with the deck they are short.
Example fire ants....aggression, following orders.
So the book rounds out the meanings.

Ordered the set earlier today ;) My thinking is the same as yours. I am so happy and grateful to experience this deck soon! Thanks for all your help!! :love:

lark

Oh good! Glad to have company in exploring it...
I was playing with it again last night and it is so well made and the card stock so beautiful that it quite spoiling me for any other decks .
You just wish they could all be so well made.

Padma

I'm afraid I will have to get this

;)

Lark, thanks so much for Enabl- - strike that ;) informing us all!

lark

I'm afraid I will have to get this

;)

Lark, thanks so much for Enabl- - strike that ;) informing us all!
Hey when it a good one its a good one and if you love animals this is a great deck.
I know when I was writing all that I thought... here I go enabling some poor soul into buying another deck...LOL
Oh well I am enthusiastic about it...and that enthusiasm has not turned into the dust of a dud deck...it's very nice no regrets.

Padma

I adore animals!!! :D

And I like good cardstock, too.

I have the WU app on my phone, this will be nice to go with :)