Kipper---Ciro's Kipper is beautiful and I got it for my birthday!

Grizabella

I just asked for a sub-forum for Kippers but the mod says they don't want to make a separate one till there are enough threads and activity on the topic. So I decided to just start some threads with the first word being "Kipper" so they're easy to find and maybe we can eventually have a Kipper sub-forum.

I have both the Gilded Reverie and the Fin de Sicle Kipper by Ciro and I'm so thrilled. I love them both and love the sturdy boxes with the magnetic closure, too. I'm impressed with the Kipper decks because they seem to cover different things. There are so many more specific cards than Lenormand it seems to me. I love Lenormands, too, but Kipper has me fascinated right now.

Have any of you been working much with Kippers yet?

I know this deck has three extra cards. What have any of you been using them for? Or are you taking those out and just using 36 cards?

AnemoneRosie

I keep the three extras in when I'm reading it like a "traditional" (read: modern) oracle deck - such as we do for the exchanges. I also keep them in for smaller readings (up to nine cards). I've never done a GT with this deck but I imagine that I'd pull them out just for space.

zhadee

I don't have Ciro's Kipper, but I am still madly in love with the Mystical Kipper.
I have never used them for a GT, but they work fine in 3x3 spreads, and in cross readings. But most of all, I like to draw a single & read their message! :)

Grizabella

I keep the three extras in when I'm reading it like a "traditional" (read: modern) oracle deck - such as we do for the exchanges. I also keep them in for smaller readings (up to nine cards). I've never done a GT with this deck but I imagine that I'd pull them out just for space.

I think I'll leave them in for each reading. Maybe if I do a GT, I'll just leave the last three cards face down and use them for "surprise" cards as Ciro mentions in the little book when he does the three pyramids.

I don't have Ciro's Kipper, but I am still madly in love with the Mystical Kipper.
I have never used them for a GT, but they work fine in 3x3 spreads, and in cross readings. But most of all, I like to draw a single & read their message! :)

I have the Mystical Kipper, too, and I love it. I love the little monkey on the back and the sturdy box.

zhadee

I have the Mystical Kipper, too, and I love it. I love the little monkey on the back and the sturdy box.

I'll stalk your threads from now on, and whenever you decide on starting an exchange/ daily drawing/ study group, I'm game. :)

AnemoneRosie

I'll stalk your threads from now on, and whenever you decide on starting an exchange/ daily drawing/ study group, I'm game. :)

Yep. Same. Only I'm horrid at daily draws, and might only do weekly.

Padma

Congrats on your nice bday gift, Grizabella! :party: And happy birthday (though that's probably late!)

I will also share in a reading swap or dailies or whatever spread thread. I have the traditional deck, plus also the mystic Kipper. Fascinating system - and seems really quite accurate, from what I have seen.

I would really like to have Ciro's as well. I love his Lennie deck, and I was quite taken with his Victorian images in the Kipper.

WolfyJames

I have the Mystical Kipper and I love my copy and the cute little box.

Grizabella

OK, stalk away! :D I'll start those threads in the next day or two.

Yep. Same. Only I'm horrid at daily draws, and might only do weekly.

I think what I'm going to do is post a thread for card combinations using two cards at a time and then moving to three cards. This won't be for actual readings, though. I just think it will be helpful to learn to recognize the meanings of cards as they appear in small groups.

Congrats on your nice bday gift, Grizabella! :party: And happy birthday (though that's probably late!)

I will also share in a reading swap or dailies or whatever spread thread. I have the traditional deck, plus also the mystic Kipper. Fascinating system - and seems really quite accurate, from what I have seen.

I would really like to have Ciro's as well. I love his Lennie deck, and I was quite taken with his Victorian images in the Kipper.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. :heart: My birthday isn't till the 26th but I consider gifts in November to be for my birthday, whether they're intended to be or not. :p

Ciro's Kipper is the same size as his mass market Lenormand. The box is a little bit thicker than the Lenormand because his book is bigger for the Kipper and the Kipper has three extra cards. They're both beautiful and a joy to use.

danieljuk

I have to say the Mystical Kipper is my favourite so far but Ciro's is such a great take on it! I have both and love them both :thumbsup: enjoy your present Griz!