ten of swords, needing clarification

.traveller.

I've read all the threads I can find on this card and I find myself wondering... How do you know if it is saying the "worst is over" rather than "it's over"? There was a post where a passing comparison was made between the Wheel and the ten of swords but nothing more was written on that connection. In the past, I have had the ten of swords indicate that the worst was currently in play (which indicated a need for endurance to pass through the crisis), as well as an uplifting aftermath card confirming the trial was over.
The reason I am bringing this up, is that I've had the ten appear in a outcome position and it was immediately preceded by the Wheel. The combo made absolutely no chronological sense in relation to the question. If I were to hazard a guess, I am almost inclined to view the combo as a ressurrection of a situation that will end badly and yet, my personal experience with the card usually points to the ten as positive or reassurring. So, as may be evident, I am confused.

WalesWoman

It's the darkness of the soul... when things either seem their blackest or that is how you interpret it... that is why dawn is on the horizon... the light at the end of the tunnel... the promise of a new day and another chance for things to get better.

So as an active process, you know it is almost over, you can see your way through to the end, that this will pass and is in the process of change.

Wonderwoman

Irrevocable???

.traveller. do you mean the 10 of Swords as an irrevocable end? Cest Finit?? I believe that's more the Death card.

star-lover

10 of swords = there's nothing you can do to salvage x situation - way too late - might as well accept it and move on

WalesWoman

The Wheel immediately preceeded the 10 Swords? 1. The 10 Swords could be indicating which way things are going to change... something coming full circle in order reach a conclusion and move on from that. OR... it could be more psychological,
depending on a person's mental wellbeing. Maybe an indicator of losing balance and a depression looming... the overkill aspect of it. That it may not be as bad as it's made out to be, but feels that way.

It could be a warning/advice to find your center, to keep to the center, that this all is going to pass over and this period won't last forever... or there is some sort of exaggeration of responses to what ever is going on right now.

star-lover

re the wheel/10 of swords

just came to me that perhaps the wheel is saying let go of x situation because you might lose out on opportunities arising now because of dwelling on x situation?

i sometimes listen to jonathan cainers tarot line and he equated 10 of swords with realising you have burnt the rice in the pan and you are trying to salvage it but it can't be - more efforts are wasted

chuck it out and start afresh

Sentient

I've always read the 10S as reflecting external realities, not inner impressions or emotions.

To me the card is saying "Look, the situation is finished, complete, done. What's to be gained by further suffering? Get up and move towards the dawn, the future." In that sense I see the 10S as inherently an advice card.

Swords are a no-nonsense suit, and tend to be pretty up front about what they're referring to, and the 10S is no exception.

For "the worst is over," meaning that a negative inner state is now starting to improve, I'd be much more apt to see that in the 9 of Swords reversed, a card which is all about one's inner state.

.traveller.

Wonderwoman said:
.traveller. do you mean the 10 of Swords as an irrevocable end? Cest Finit?? I believe that's more the Death card.

I don't know about irrevocable, a certain set of circumstances may occur again at another time.

.traveller.

WalesWoman said:
The Wheel immediately preceeded the 10 Swords? 1. The 10 Swords could be indicating which way things are going to change... something coming full circle in order reach a conclusion and move on from that. OR... it could be more psychological,
depending on a person's mental wellbeing. Maybe an indicator of losing balance and a depression looming... the overkill aspect of it. That it may not be as bad as it's made out to be, but feels that way.

It could be a warning/advice to find your center, to keep to the center, that this all is going to pass over and this period won't last forever... or there is some sort of exaggeration of responses to what ever is going on right now.

Now that's helpful, I need to consider this some more. Thank you. The cards themselves seem to be an overkill, in relation to the original question, so there does appear that a change is in store.

Wonderwoman

It feels like the End...

You know, the feeling I get about the 10Swords is your heart may feel like its over and its the end but actually it is a brand new beginning now that you've acknowledged whats wrong..so no, 10Swords is not irrevocable..

.traveller. said:
I don't know about irrevocable, a certain set of circumstances may occur again at another time.