Nisaba's Timing Method

Padma

Thanks for the reply, Nisaba! As it turns out, flipped cards tend to have significance for me, because I will usually get the same card flipping out a few times! lol...

As it happens, we discovered, finally, today some official info on what I was asking about - got an email saying it could happen end September - about 6 weeks :) So I am going with my jumper on this one, lol! Next time though I will take better care when shuffling!

Thanks again, it's a brilliant system! :love:

Radiant-M

Hi Nisaba I was just wondering I asked for a timing regarding when will my sister give birth to her baby she is pregnant with.

I pulled out the 9 of Pentacles. Now Pentacles being years I just don't think this is right some how lol so I pulled another card asking the same question but pulled 5 of Cups. Now Cups are months, so 5 months, which would be more realistic but she is due the 28th Sept.

A bit confused now, any hints on when she will give birth??
Thanks
-M-

nisaba

Perhaps the deck you are using is one that's accustomed to being used for reading with. If so, it will try to chat, it will try to give you messages instead of raw times.

See why I keep saying you should have a deck you're not bonded with and don't read with for this?

Puisun Kanna

A woman came to me recently, to ask me to look into if selling her home was a wise move, and if yes, then When?

I am going from memory here, and it was a couple of months ago...but first I did an up/down yes/no on selling, and the card that I layed out was upright, and it's season was fall...
So I shuffled the deck I put aside for time, and simply asked which month would be best for her to sell...and pulled the 10 of Pents...

Not only did it confirm the fall, but what a perfect card. I explained to her the various levels of meaning in the 10 Pents, and why it shows more than just the timing...

So we will see how things go...

ivanna

I do not have any unused deck and all are with illustrated pips. I will have to buy one

ivanna

Just a question.
I do not have any marseille deck and just bought a wild unkown last week, so no way I can but another one. So, I went to a chinese shop and bought one spanish play deck for less than a euro. I got only 3 jokers, so one was missing, and later I read that it will not work so well as with a tarot deck as there aren't major arcanas.

So, what I did is to get another cheap deck, take the joker, and also took some cards and wrote on each with a black marker each arcana major. Do you think it will work?

I know it sounds very shabby, but is what I can have now.

nisaba

As long as you're happy with it, it should work.

Breach

What a great idea, I'm definitely going to have to try this. I'm thinking a TdM deck will do the trick nicely.

I just used the favole tarot, good simple deck for this.

I got the knave of crosses - page of wands. 11 days. Thank you for this spread, op. :)

lalalibra

Thank you for this timing method, Nisaba! I gave it a try, and it worked.

I used a playing card deck. In the future, I may get a tarot deck for this purpose (one without illustrated pips), but I do enjoy the playing card deck. After all, it has the two joker cards for "unknown/it depends" and I'm satisfied with that for now...

In my experience, I felt that I had to figure out the right way to get it to respond.

Normally, when I shuffle tarot/oracle cards, I draw differently depending on the number of cards I am choosing. If I'm choosing only one card, I usually just shuffle, cut the deck, restack, and draw the first card off the top. But if I am choosing more than one card (such as for a spread), I shuffle, cut, restack, and then I choose cards after fanning them out.

So anyway, based on that, I thought I'd try the first way of drawing a card since it's only one card that I'm picking for timing, but it actually didn't work that way. I got "6 years" and I knew that didn't feel right and it didn't make sense... So I paused to take a few breaths, recentered myself, and this time, I spoke the question *aloud*, shuffled, cut, restacked, and *fanned* the cards out. The card that I chose that way was "5 weeks," so 35 days...

Well today is the 34th day, and it's happening today! And it was amazing because I ended up trying to arrange this event to happen earlier, but there were all these delays that were entirely out of my control. So I'm really impressed with the accuracy! I'm thrilled to find a timing method that works. And I really like having a separate deck just for this purpose, and I think it makes a lot of sense to do that.

Thanks again! :)

nisaba

Thank you for this timing method, Nisaba! I gave it a try, and it worked.

I used a playing card deck. In the future, I may get a tarot deck for this purpose (one without illustrated pips), but I do enjoy the playing card deck.
Excellent. Well, use it then.

The card that I chose that way was "5 weeks," so 35 days...

Well today is the 34th day, and it's happening today! And it was amazing because I ended up trying to arrange this event to happen earlier, but there were all these delays that were entirely out of my control. So I'm really impressed with the accuracy! I'm thrilled to find a timing method that works. And I really like having a separate deck just for this purpose, and I think it makes a lot of sense to do that.

Thanks again! :)

<grin> Thanks!