Quantum Tarot: A new deck by the 78th Fool and Leo62

baba-prague

I'm just emerging into the light having sent the last piece of the new deck - the companion book - to print. Phew!
So I get the time to have a look around and see what's going on. Lovely to see this deck emerging - what a great partnership and what a fantastic idea. I much look forward to seeing the cards as you produce them.

mythos

Studied the philosophy of science at Uni in the 80's and have made a vague effort to keep up - vague because of my difficulty in grasping scientific concepts, but I continue because I find it all so extraordinarily fascinating. I want that Death card .... it speaks to me. This deck is a stunner in the making. Well done you two. Most impressive.

mythos:)

Leo62

Thanks baba-prague and mythos :) More to come next week...inspiration permitting!

jackdaw*

Wow!

One of my early and aborted creative attempts involved setting background images behind Tarot card outlines, with some images a little like these here. I gave up due to lack of creative talent and Photoshop access/expertise. So this is so wonderful to see! Somebody doing this and DOING IT WELL!!!

Chris, I guess I've made it plain how much I adore your work :) (your Inner Landscape Tarot is enjoying its new home, BTW), and this thread has just sent me off to ooh and ahh over Kay's lovely cards. I will definitely be keeping tabs on this project, and I would love to have it!!

QueenofPentacles

Julien

It's GORGEOUS!!!! As soon as I looked at the images I felt my mind do a leap and a dance!!! The energy coming off the images is amazing!

How exciting!

Have you ever read the novel entitled "Einstein's Dreams"? I've always thought the imagery in the book as it connects to scientific ideas really quite something, and when I looked at your cards, it thought of it immediately.

I hope you're well Kay, and best of luck with this project!!!

Julien

Leo62

Thanks QueenofPentacles and Julien. :) QofP - I know what you mean - I'm amazed watching Chris do his magic with Photoshop...and believe me, it is magic!

Julien - I've never heard of the novel you mentioned - do you know the author?

Leo62

I've added more in-depth explanations of the physics behind the Fool and Death cards to my initial post. I'd be grateful of critiques/corrections/feedback from those out there with scientific knowledge. For those without - does it make sense?? ;)

Netzach

Two tiny comments from me:

Leo62 said:
The Big Bang is widely accepted as the dominant theory of the creation of the universe. It can never be inconclusively proven, but there is a lot of circumstantial evidence to back it up. The Big Bang suggests that the universe was created in a single cataclysmic event, an explosion, almost 14 billion years ago. In the first few seconds after the Big Bang, the four forces, atomic nuclei and basic elements all took shape

You've put "inconclusively" where, in fact, you mean "conclusively". Also I think you should say what the four forces are.

Then some rather more erudite comments from my husband!:

Leo62 said:
Another piece of evidence, Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation (CMB), which was predicted by the Big Bang theory, has also been found and measured. This is a kind of leftover from matter and antimatter annihilations in the early moments after the Big Bang.

No. The universe is thought to have been infinitely hot at the instant of the big bang and has been cooling down ever since. Within the first few seconds of the bang, matter was formed, in particular protons & electrons which combine to form hydrogen atoms. But for the first 300,000 years the universe was still so hot and dense that hydrogen atoms couldn’t form. It also meant that, effectively, the universe was opaque. 300,000 years after the bb, the universe became cool enough for electrons & protons to come together to form hydrogen atoms. At that point the universe became transparent and light could suddenly travel great distances. The microwave background is the remaining glow of the fireball that became visible 300,000 years after the bb. Since then the expansion of the universe has shifted this radiation so far to the red end of the spectrum that it appears like a very cool glow visible from all parts of the universe, as though all the universe is glowing at 3 degrees above absolute zero.

Leo62 said:
Every matter particle has a matching antimatter particle or antiparticle.

This should read "Every type of matter particle . . ."

Leo62 said:
When a matter particle meets its antimatter partner, they annihilate each other in pure energy, which then goes on to form other kinds of particles.

This should read "which can go on to form other kinds of particles". It doesn't necessarily do so.

Leo62 said:
Theoretically, physicists are sure that antimatter exists.

Leave out the "theoretically" - it's a fact. As you point out, antimatter has been created.

Leo62 said:
The strange thing is that our universe is made up entirely of matter.

It appears to be, but we don't know for certain that it is.

Hope this helps!

Leo62

Wow Netzach thanks for the feedback! That's exactly what I need - straight from the horses' mouth! Will change my text accordingly. :)

The thing about CMB I got from a physics site on the internet - I've only slightly changed the wording of what they said....:confused: Will have to dig a bit deeper with that one...

Leo62

Update: I've now tweaked the definitions to incorporate Netzach & husband's feedback. :)