5 of Swords - interesting meaning

Tarheelpixie

Yesterday I did a reading on a situation affecting my daughter and got the 5 of Swords in the present position. Totally stumped me until I talked to her today ... she said she handled it herself, but knew my husband or I would jump in if it escalated and she needed back-up.

I looked at the 5 of Swords again and sure enough ... it shows a young person successfully navigating with one sword, while holding two additional swords in reserve.

I really love this meaning!

rwcarter

That's one thing I love about tarot - what it really meant often only reveals itself in retrospect. I'll look at that card a little differently now. Thanks!

BeyondtheVeil

That is interesting! Thanks so much for sharing! Even though I've been doing tarot for years.. I am learning so much still. I also notice that even if the cards are based on Rider-Waite.. some deck creators add other stuff to their cards that help bring new meanings also.

I try to write some of my readings down so that I can go back to see how certain cards played out. I still do this and I think that Tarot Cards can have many different meanings. I don't do it for readings that I do for others, but personal readings as sometimes when I'm "in' it.. I just can't clearly see it until after. lol

Thank you for sharing the Five of Swords description and meaning that you learned. What deck were you using?

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil

Tarheelpixie

I use the Ator deck and then sometimes look at the corresponding Rider-Waite card for more detail.

Thank you for sharing this meaning of the Five of Swords! It has popped up in various readings for me, and I've been trying to understand it in a more positive light, since its negative meanings aren't relevant at this time.

Tarheelpixie

Agreed! I'm not one for conflict so it always seemed like a negative message to me.

Now I see it as potentially meaning that you have more than you need to be successful in a particular situation.