7 of cups for how someone sees you?

olivia1

moon_shadow said:
Hi, olivia1. I remembered there had been an interesting discussion on the seven of cups as "how you see someone" a while back.

And here it is.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=121193&page=1&pp=10&highlight=cups

I get often confused how to interpret a card when it comes to "how A sees you" "how you see A". If it is quality of A is supposed to be represented by the card, then I tend to look at the seven of cups as someone who day dreams about things.. or someone who can't make up their mind.. or someone who always thinks there's more out there.

Thank you for the link, moonshadow! I will check that out..and your interpretations all make sense, too :) I when it comes to this person, I cannot seem to make up my mind and since I do have other options, well I definitely do feel there is more out there :) Thank you :)

olivia1

Surja76 said:
HI!

It means that his feelings are closed to you now, situation with his inner life is not clear. He has not got any firm opinion about you and his feelings to you. May be stable relationships are not in his plan yet, may be he think about any other things. He is looking at you from aside in order to understand who are you, and what are you. You can not understand his feelings now, he is closed to you.

If he chose not you but some one else this card does not mean that it is forever, he will come back to your relationships again later.

Thank you for clarifying, Surja76! Now this does make sense. I could see him definitely being closed emotionally to me and wanting to know more about me (wanting to understand me and where I stand, ect) before opening up. And I could definitely see him not wanting to have a realtionship of ANY kind with me because of this. So thanks..I could see your interpretation as being very accurate, too!

nisaba

olivia1 said:
HAHA! This could also be so true because he did complain to me that one minute I seemed to like him and the next minute I seem like I dont want to have anything to do with him. And its true because I really dont know what I want from him. I have mixed feelings about him..so I could definitely see him feeling like I am indecisive! Thanks, Nisaba :)
Which leads me to a point I've been meaning to make in a lot of those "What does this card mean" threads.

Usually you'll get a hail of replies from a whole heap of people, including me. And we're all different people, and we all base our replies on our own experience of the Tarot.

If you are faced with several replies (as you are right here), and all of them "make sense" but one in particular rings a bell, has that wow factor, gets your inner self jumping, then that is your intuition saying that yes, that is what it meant in that spread at that time.

And yes, I'm not saying that because you seemed to have such a reaction to my post - someone may come along in five minutes and knock you right off your seat with their suggestion. Interpreting cards is like dream interpretations: there is a whole array of meanings that can be attached to any one dream-symbol or card, but only the one that makes the dreamer/reader go <<<boing!>>> on that particular occasion, is the one that is right for that occasion.

olivia1

nisaba said:
If you are faced with several replies (as you are right here), and all of them "make sense" but one in particular rings a bell, has that wow factor, gets your inner self jumping, then that is your intuition saying that yes, that is what it meant in that spread at that time.

Thanks, Nisaba. :) That's very helpful because even in the Your Readings section, when people give me different interpretations, I find them all very helpful but since they all make sense, I'm not exactly sure which one is the one the spread referring to.

irisa

I think there are also temptation and warning elements to the 7 of cups. It's worth considering if the gain is worth the consequence. In Thoth this card has the title Lord of Debauch after all :)

irisa

Aerin

olivia1 said:
Thanks, Nisaba. :) That's very helpful because even in the Your Readings section, when people give me different interpretations, I find them all very helpful but since they all make sense, I'm not exactly sure which one is the one the spread referring to.

What nisaba said.

I think that's where you start to develop your inner sense of knowing which may be like it is

inner self leaping around
ringing a bell
things fitting or clicking into place
seeing the picture come into focus
tasting a dish that is perfectly seasoned

or whatever it is for you. May be worth noticing how you know when other things are 'right' to see if that helps.

You will 'know'. It's a case of finding out how you do that, as against how anyone else does it.

If you try and work it out logically then as you have said, everyone's interpretations can make sense at that level once they have explained them.