Morgan Greer, glossy Italian printing

Chiriku

You're welcome. I hope it works it out, but I also caution not to get your hopes up, given that Amazon don't always put the most accurate or precise or up-to-date info in their product summaries.

Too bad I don't have a screen shot of the Amazon page from April when I purchased one that turned out to be matte.

missy

On Amazon, they are listing the ISBN # for the current edition as 978-0913866917 ... so without seeing the boxes, (can anyone verify?) that could be the China printing.

Bottom Flap:
ISBN-13:978-0-913866-91-7

Top Flap:
Printed in Italy

Thank you very much, Chiriku. :)

It would be great to verify the China ISBN#, as right now the Italian ISBN # is matching what is on the Amazon website. (As Chiriku says, Amazon's info is sometimes incorrect.)

Chiriku

It would be great to verify the China ISBN#, as right now the Italian ISBN # is matching what is on the Amazon website. (As Chiriku says, Amazon's info is sometimes incorrect.)

But we already have a verification here in this thread! Go back to post #39 (mine) and you'll see a photo attachment of the box (flap with the ISBN) for the matte one I bought on Amazon this year.

missy

But we already have a verification here in this thread! Go back to post #39 (mine) and you'll see a photo attachment of the box (flap with the ISBN) for the matte one I bought on Amazon this year.

Ahh. Right you are. I had forgotten about that.

So the ISBN # is the same for both the Italian and the Chinese printings.

Well, now we know.

Thanks for putting this matter to rest! So there's no way to know without the "Printed in Italy" stamp, then.

Chiriku

Yes, and we know that Amazon (and any other vendor) is unlikely to go so far as to put "Made in ___" in the product information, so, nope, there's no way to tell. People who are very keen to get only one or the other version (satiny matte or glossy) would do best to post an advertisement on a trading forum such as the one here on AT.

missy

Yes. Argh! Can't believe QofWands just got a Made in Italy one from Amazon! :laugh: :D

Emily

I have the 1979 Belgian printing of the Morgan Greer, matte, lovely cardstock and lightly laminated.

I've been reading about the newer printings of the Morgan Greer and I wondered if this was the deck that Bill Greer first mentioned back in 2005. He said he was trying to get it re-scanned and printed with a 6 colour run instead of the 4 colour run that was available with the first printings of the Morgan Greer.

Are the colours different in these new versions? I love the colours of the Morgan Greer so never really paid much attention to a new re-scanned and recoloured version so wonder if I missed it along the way and these new decks are it.

Le Fanu

My partner just got back from a business trip and bought me a copy of the Morgan Greer which happens to be printed in Italy so I now have a second copy.

I have to say, I was horrrifed when I unwrapped it. I, who had been singing the praises of the Printed in Italy one.

The Printed in Italy one I bought in 2006 (?) was glossy, stiff cardstock, rich colours, lovely sharp images. A deck I loved and have used a lot, more than the Morgan Press one I have and a couple of older Printed in Belgium ones.

This one - again, printed in Italy - has cards which are out of focus. The Star, the 7 of Wands, the 6 of Pentacles plus a few others. I was going through the cards in order and it seems that every (approx) 15th card is out of focus.

Admittedly, the colours are richer on a some of them but the out of focus ones are awful.

And within half an hour of unwrapping it and having it on my desk as I worked on the computer it had warped, whereas my other one is lovely, thick and heavy and unwarpable six years on. I put my new one under a pile of books before going to bed. Must go and see if it has made a difference.

Chiriku

It's funny you should say that. I had a vague impression that the Italy one I acquired earlier this year was a tad blurry, but as I hadn't seen my 90s matte copy since, well, the late 90s, I didn't have anything to compare it to, so I shrugged it off.

Wonder what accounts for that...

pink daliha

I think I have a printed in Italy one. Thick cardstock, beautiful saturated colors and glossy finish. I bought mine from an independent seller on Amazon (one year ago?) That's where I found my MG and I looked at the description and noted that it said good, but when I recieved it, I found the cellophane still on the deck itself. I think I got lucky, but you might try the Amazon marketplace. Unfortunatly, I took mine apart. ( no ISBN #) It resides in a lovely wood box now.