game crafter decks marketing ideas

shadowdancer

I have had orders from both PS and MakePlayingCards, and the sender address on the box was the same for both.

My longer term preference has been PS only because a) they seemed a little cheaper and b) They do oodles of other stuff. Heck I have lost count over time of what they have done for me in the form of tote bags, wristlets, coin bags, mouse mats, door mat sized reading mats (they are awesome!!), placemats, note books, coasters, baseball caps.... heck I must be in line for consideration for shares or something.

Quality has always been high.

Not yet ordered anything from Game Crafter, but will be going for the Pearls at some stage. Gotta just make savings elsewhere to justify the shipping costs.

Oh - as a finisher? I tend to prefer the plastic cards from PS. Far more expensive so I understand why creators go for the linen. (which is also good - I agree on that one). Plastic just feels so durable and I won't panic if I have liquids around when I am doing a reading with them. They also shuffle like a dream. Does Games Crafter offer plastic as an option?

Hexi

I think GC just has one type of card, it is crisp and doesn't bend easily at all. the colours are good and detail awesome.

I like them because they do all the fulfillment and shipping etc. I don't have to hold inventory or put lots of $ upfront.

I would like to do some marketing with other self publishers in some way or form. Cheers Hexi

MoonGypsy

i have both Hexi's Poker size and Jumbo size Decks; which i recently
acquired from GameCrafter...and i can testify that the cardstock and print quality
are really gorgeous! And the cards shuffle like a dream...they also lay perfectly
flat on the table--no warping/bending/curving at all!:heart:
Is it me, or has gamecrafter's quality vastly improved in the past year or 2? :)

Hexi

thanks Moon Gypsy, for the positive feedback. So glad you are enjoying the new Editions I think the poker size is great for quick reads and the jumbo for meditations. I am just happy to have them available again and in HD with great colours.

Now to find ways to market them, as there is no distribution from GC. So I have to be creative, and hope that some other GC artists will want to join in and be creative in terms of getting our decks out there.

I am open to any and all suggestions. Cheers Hexi.

blue_fusion

You could maybe try having them reviewed by tarot association, websites and blogs with a wide circulation? Marketing's always been my problem too! You can also maybe try to bringbthem along to tarot fairs? Which is my main problem as I live outside the US and Gamecrafter is in the US.

Anyone have experinces with Printer Studio's other sizes? Their site's a bit difficult to navigate. :-/ I'm interested in circular cards for future projects (not necessarily tarot), an Gamecrafter only prints them in tiny sizes. Anyone know if Printer Studio has bigger circular cards?

Hexi

I don't have any experience with PS as I wanted the site to do the mail out, money collection etc. GC's circle cards are 3.5"x3.5"

I think what I am trying to do here is gather together indie deck producers to see what we can do together to market our decks and widen the audience. I like the ideas of reviews, but that can become costly to give away decks. One would have to be choosy as to what will bring a return on investment.

I started this journey 15 years ago, was published, went world wide for a short while, had 9,000 decks end up in the landfill due to flaws.

So now I am taking it into my own hands self publishing, the deck has already gone as far as Indonesia, Romania, Thailand, Australia, Netherlands, Denmark, across the US and UK and Canada. I know there is a global market, we just have to find ways to use the internet to get into it more than just Facebook and At. I can make videos and we can link banners on our sites, so others can find each of us. Just ideas...

seven stars

Printer Studio is having some problems, they're updating their equipment & I've had quite a number of people writing saying the printing was of poor quality. This is very troublesome for me, & I've taken down all my cards from Etsy until it's resolved, or until I can find another printer. I've used PS for over 2 years now, & I've loved the quality, so, this is really upsetting my apple cart.

HOWEVER, when I went on the Game Crafter site, the entire process of ordering a deck was so completely baffling and awkward that I don't know if it will even be possible for me to order a tester deck for myself. I tried communicating on the chat forum, but the people there are not GC employees, and they really couldn't walk me through the process. By the sounds of it, they can not put cards in a specific order, & the decks would be sent in a shuffled manner & I just don't think that would go over well with Tarot customers.

I've written an email to the company, but, if they don't write back & aren't able to help walk me through the navigation of their website, I don't think they're going to be an option.

MPC does have a more familiar site layout, and ordering cards is much more straightforward, but I do know they only offer the standard cardstock & not linen (I was told that GC was going to have linen later this year). This may change a LOT concerning my products.

Really bumming about all this.

Hexi

re game crafter set up

Hi, if you need help with a set up for Game Crafter, I know someone who will do that for you for a small charge. I have found them to be pretty good, but it depends on your images how they fit the template and that depends on the size you want to print on.

If you want some help I can connect you to my designer. He also does web pages and social media marketing. you can see his work on my site. www.RoxiArtWork.ca click on store to see the game crafter site.

What I like about Game crafter, so far, is that I can offer different packages to suit price and needs. the feedback I have received has been good, though there are always off prints, no matter who you deal with.

I like that there is little money up front, that they deal with sales and shipping and they pay me once a week..

Cheers Hexi.

tarotbear

HOWEVER, when I went on the Game Crafter site, the entire process of ordering a deck was so completely baffling and awkward that I don't know if it will even be possible for me to order a tester deck for myself. I tried communicating on the chat forum, but the people there are not GC employees, and they really couldn't walk me through the process. By the sounds of it, they can not put cards in a specific order, & the decks would be sent in a shuffled manner & I just don't think that would go over well with Tarot customers.

TGC cannot put the cards in a specific order; I've asked many times. Odd- because PS CAN put them in an order. Remember TGC is an Indie GAME producer, so the concept that Tarotists want the cards in an order just does not make sense to them since cards in a game are random.

TGC has many videos on their site, but I will admit - when I could not get it to work for me I printed my test deck on PS first, then went back and pulled it off successfully on TGC...as with everything - I had to understand the TGC 'hook'.

seven stars

Thanks, Tarotbear....ya that alone makes a huge difference. You can't have a face card if it's shuffled randomly into the deck. And there is so much confusing stuff on there, like it's for techies or something....& that's coming from someone who literally finds it impossible to make things simple myself. Maybe the reality is they're really not interested in tapping into the Tarot market.