Druidcraft Favourites and Least Favourites

GoddessArtemis

I have been almost exclusively using this deck for my readings, and I really like the "feel" of it. Almost a year ago, when I first picked up the deck, I was uneasy with the "earthy" feel to the decks. But unlike the famous adage, "Familiarity breeds discontent"...I have grown familiar with and completely content with this deck! Here's my list..

MOST favorite:

Princess of Wands - Beautiful, great hair/dress; love the "movement" all over her persona...apropos to her "fiery" energy!
Princess of Cups - she's just adorable!
Prince of Cups - he's so sweet!
Queen of Wands - feelin' hot, hot, hot!
The Magician - though "disco dancing" a la Saturday Night Fever, I just enjoy seeing him in my readings! ;)
The Lady - gorgeous, rich colors, and a plentiful feel, like her cornucopia
The Lovers - YES! Love this one..hehe
The Chariot - the "speed" aspect is soo powerful and excellently depicted
Strength - she ROCKS!
The Wheel - this is one of the few Wheel of Fortune cards that makes sense to me
Cernnunos - the post-Lovers feel is fantastic; though the bogeyman is in the woods, I find it less "hellish" looking than other decks; like this a lot
Ace of Cups - Gorgeous, powerful
5 of Cups - though it's sad, it's gorgeous and very emotive
10 of Cups - awww, so sweet
Ace of Swords - excalibur association--love it!
5 of Pentacles - while sad, it gives so much feeling of loss, it's lovely and depressing :D
4 of Wands - peaceful..I like it
7 of Wands - great depiction of defending the territory
8 of Wands - really like the energy and movement in this card

LEAST favorite :

ALL Kings
Queen of Pentacles - she's so homely..and while that's appropriate to her...ehh
Queen of Swords - she feels icey and mean (that's how she can be, I know..)
Princess of Pentacles - she look a little 'doh' and more child-like than the other princesses
Prince of Pentacles - he bugs..
The High Priestess - she doesn't "speak" to me; ha ha, no pun intended, but this card just gives me a "blank" feel
The Lord -looks "evil" to me
The High Priest - what is he doing with his rock'n'roll sign?
Death - while this is many people's fave, it gives me the creeps
Two of Wands - with such gorgeous artwork throughout, what in the world happened here? NO vibes whatsoever.

Overall, though, this is really a beautiful deck!

GA

Deana

I am getting a new copy in the mail since I butchered mine "trimming" it.

The art took some time to grow on me; I opened the box and was immediately disappointed; the Ace of Wands was on top, and it's not my favorite. Then the Ace of Pentacles...eek. The World, I agree, is very blah. Even the dancer is bored with the card.

I hate the High Priest. Why is he making that ridiculous hand sign???? "Rock on, dude!" That's what I hear him saying when I see him.

I disagree with whoever said the man in the Six of Cups makes the children look "at risk." That could certainly be one layer, depending on the reading. But I had never understood this card before the Druidcraft version. Books would say it was about "nostalgia" and I didn't get it. Then I saw the man looking out the window nostalgically at children playing, and it clicked.

I love the court cards. No other deck has court cards as clear as these ones.

I love the three men on the Three of Cups. Very nice change.

I love all the animals and how detailed the they are, even when they are a minor part of the card. Same thing with the plants. That alone may be the reason for disappointment on some of the cards: the man can really paint animals and plants, and his people sometimes look odd in comparison.

I love Temperance/The Fferyllt.

I dislike Cernunnos. Making him the Devil card and making him look so menacing really does make it look like pagans worship the Devil.

The woman on the Chariot looks like me. :)

Love the Death card. And the Wheel. And the Nine of Cups. The Lord.

The Hanged Man is too intimately portrayed; he's embarrassing in a reading. And the fact that he looks just like someone I know does not help things.

I love the Ten of Cups and Ten of Pentacles. I can almost hear the men talking on these cards. Maybe that's the most unique thing about the deck. People always say you should use a deck that speaks to you. This is the only deck where I could almost hear the people talking.

Not crazy about the Hermit. This card is usually my favorite in any deck, but he doesn't do it for me here.

Justice has feet three times bigger than her head.

That kid on the Sun and Judgement/Rebirth is the worst. Rebirth??? He looks like Beavis and Butthead. No way is that a baby.

The Magician's forehead just goes on forever.

I adore most of the cards. Also, I like the fact that (if you've kept the border on, which I did not at first but intend to next time) the left and bottom have a thin white border while the right and top have a thin black border.

The deck is very well thought-out overall and one of my favorites. There is plenty of detail to keep a person busy for years.

Hemera

Hi Deana,
Do you use your "butchered" copy of would you like to swap/sell it?
PM me if you are interested..

I have too many favourite cards in this deck to list them. Most of them are gorgeous. The Moon is especially beautiful and Death is amazing, so wise and gentle!
Two of Wands is a weak card like someone said above, and it lacks meaning to me. But my real problems lies with the kings. I don´t really like any of them, least of all the King of Cups. I really appreciate ,however,that the kings and queens look their age. No teen-age photo models here!

6 Haunted Days

I got this deck gifted to me last week, and this time around I am getting a whole different feel and energy from these astoundingly gorgeous cards.

I have many many favourites! I just sat and went through each one, either way, these cards have major visual impact and my dislike pile tiny....always a good thing.

My absolute favourites are....
Princess of Cups (the leaves, wind and landscape is wow)
Queen of Cups (this is my card, it comes up constantly for me, and this is the best court card in the deck, mysterious and full of emotion)
The Lady (best Empress ever)
7 of Swords (love the unique different perspective here, also he could be the Hermit studying? Looks so cozy, I want to jump into the image)
3 of swords (something mysterious and dark here)
Cernunnos (Stunning and powerful, you can actually feel the energy)
High Priestess
5 of Pentacles (tree as a church, as a source of inspiration and solace)
8 of Cups (the colours in this card are sublime)
Princess of Swords (stunning abd so elegant!)
The Moon (the otherworld behind the High Priestess, primal darkness)
The Hermit (eerie and very otherworldy Hermit)
Ace of Cups (so hauntingly beautiful)
The Fferyllt (the images and added interpretation add major depth to this arcana, brings the meaning to life)
2 of Swords (this is the card that caught my attention long ago, exquisite)
Ace of Pentacles (dark powerful deep of winter magic)
The Lovers (this arcana is sometimes done so cheesily, this is a succulent, sumptious rendition)
The Tower

Cards I love but not to the major degree as the ones above.....
6 of Pentacles
The Hanged Man
5 of Cups
2 of Pentacles
King of Pentacles (favouite king in this deck)
The Star
6 of Swords
7 of Pentacles
Queen of Swords
Prince of Cups
Ace of Swords

The few I really don't like are....
King of Cups (Yuk, cringe, yuk. Romantic king? Looks like a drunk football fan!)

The World. Boring, bland. No power here. Odd as this is the culimination of the Majors! The artist really missed big time with this card. The person has that look you get when you shrug your shoulders when you say "whatever, I don't care".

The Magician.It's his face, looks cheesy...smarmy. Everything else in the card is fine.

Once my right arm heals, and I can use it (months from now uhg) I am going to trim this deck down to the images, it will be pure magic then!

tarot4fun

My favorites~

The Lady ~ my soul card ~ probably the reason I wanted this deck!
The Wheel ~ the beach, where I want to be
The Fferyllt ~ hey, looks like my avatar
The Star ~ I like almost every Star in every deck
Queen of Cups ~ my significator card ~ a little dreamy, but I like her
Princess of Cups ~ Autumn leaves
7 of Pentacles ~ the use of mistletoe
7 of Swords ~ the idea behind this image ~ study and research

This is my all time favorite deck.
Suz :heart:

Celestina

I love this deck!

A friend of mine introduced me to tarot with this deck and I was hooked. I've since bought other decks, but this is still the one that I connect with the most. Although its hard to pick favorites, these are a few of mine:

The Lady
The Fferyllt
The Wheel
Ace of Cups
Eight of Cups

I seem to like most of the cards that have water in them. Hmmm.

The cards that I'm less thrilled with are:

Two of Wands
The Sun
Ace of Pentacles
Nine of Pentacles

These cards seem hokier to me and are harder for me to read.

There are other cards that I don't like seeing in my readings, but they are still well done and powerful in conveying their messages. One of the things that I love most is that I am always (with the help of this study group) finding new symbols and meanings in these cards.

atypical

I only have the Morgan-Greer so I compared the DruidCraft to that.

Like:

-The elimination of "devil", "judgement" and "temperance".
-The court cards seem very dynamic and human.
-All aces: Gorgeous and no giant disembodied hands!
-2 of swords: I like the "choose your path" message, never really understood the beach scene.
-7 of wands: I like the sense of perspective in this card, how a lone man on a hilltop fortress is trying to keep his enemies at bay.
-8 of wands: I like how the wands are being actively thrown rather than flying in from nowhere.
-4 of pentacles: I think that the treasure chest is an excellent representation of holding onto wealth.
-Death: I love how Death is a Crone.
-Chariot: I love the warrior queen, she looks so proud.
-Lady: She is so beautiful, and I like how she is visibly pregnant.
-High Priestess: She looks like she's drawing the power of the moon into herself rather than passively sitting on a chair.
-Fferyllt: Alchemy is so much better than that stupid angel.
-Hermit: Love his "lone wolf" companion.

Dislike:

-5 of cups: Doesn't do a good job of conveying loss, sorrow or regret. Watching an otter chase a fish seems comical, even if they are supposed to be Ceridwen and Gwion.
-6 of cups: Eww, the guy watching those kids is so creepy. Why not just show the kids themselves?
-2 of pentacles: I've always liked this card because it reminded me of an explorer or someone going on an ocean voyage. This card doesn't, it shows a woman who's so absorbed in juggling two pentacles that she is oblivious to the sinking ships in the background.
-5 of pentacles: Instead of showing injury, it shows a woman who looks like she's squinting in the sun.
-7 of pentacles: I feel that this should have been set during harvest time, not in midwinter.
-9 of pentacles: Her garden is so barren! It should be lush!
-7 of swords: Instead of showing sneakiness/thievery it shows an old man writing.
-Prince of swords: I don't like how this one is drawn. His face looks disproportionate and the armour is cartoony.
-Hanged man: The full-frontal nudity might put some people off, and there is a sense of panic rather than calm.
-The creepy kid on Sun and Rebirth.

spiritsofthewolf

Favorites:
------------
Ace of Cups *
Ace of Swords *
Ace of Wands *
Two of Wands *
The Hermit *
Cernunnos *
Death
The Moon