The Star - feelings

.traveller.

Would love fall under the Star and if so, what sort of love? What feelings are attributed to the Star, is this something that lasts or is it fleeting?

Sulis

Well have a think about stars.
Stars are beacons of light in the sky and have been used by sailors and travellers to navigate for centuries.
People wish upon stars.
Stars are constant, they are always there and always will be there, you can depend upon them to shine brightly no matter what.

The Star comes straight after the destruction of The Tower, it is the light at the end of the tunnel.

Take a look at The Star card.
A naked woman who looks more divine than human pours a never ending stream of water from 2 golden jugs. She pours onto the land and into the pool. She is giving nourishment to the Earth and also replenishing the stream and the pool,
She is the link between Heaven and the Earth.

For feelings I would say she represents hope, love, nurturing of the self and of others, giving and receiving and yes, I think that with The Star the feelings will be long lasting.

PentQueen

I like to think of the Star as patience...somewhere between the Sun and the Moon with respect to guidance.

There's definite potential in the future of a love relationship, but it's a long journey ahead...certainly not a perfect relationship, but not an impossible one either. With patience, faith, guidance and the proper work, a great love will grow in time. However, If you're not willing to go on the long journey toward the star, it might be best to look toward something more obvious, like the Sun. Without patience, the journey is frustrating, perhaps not worth the wait, and may quickly lead toward the moon with respect to feelings.

Just my opinion...hope that makes sense.

.traveller.

Thank you both, that helps alot. I hadn't thought about patience, but I see how that applies.

I'm so glad I asked :)
Thanks bunches :D

balenciaga

I wonder if there is any significance that the Moon then follows the Star...to me, a star seems fleeting. It is a celestial, after all.
Generally, I interpret the Star as sincere hoping, praying hard.

Sulis

Oops. Delete please.

willowfox

Yes a love for humanity, a very open love encompassing all but not a romantic one on one love, the Star is to big to contain.

Thirteen

willowfox said:
Yes a love for humanity, a very open love encompassing all but not a romantic one on one love, the Star is to big to contain.
Agreed. The Star is like that person who seems to have abundant love and kindness for everyone. The lady, after all, pours out the water indiscriminately, not on a single plant she's nurturing. Everyone gets to drink. So you have to be patient with the Star not just because she represents hope, and therefore, something that comes in the future. But also because, in the present, that hope/love is open to anyone.

I've a great example here of what I mean. Have you ever met a cat who didn't like anyone but their owner? They turn away when you try to pet them, even try to bite or take a swipe at you. But they'll settle onto their owner's lap, purr and be all affectionate. You get a cat like that and in no time at all, you know they love you and only you.

But what about those cats who seem to love everyone? You walk into a stranger's home and their cat, who never saw you before, is rubbing up against your leg, getting into your lap, purring like mad. They love everyone, even those who don't treat them nice! If you were to get such a cat, how would you know that they loved you best? How would you know that they don't view you like they view everyone else?

The answer is, it would take time. You'd have to hang in there, give them more affection back than anyone else, feed them, groom them, and show them that you were the one to love. BUT even after you'd established that you were number one with them, you'd still have to accept the fact that this cat wasn't going to show it's affection only to you. It's in that cat's nature to keep on being affectionate and loving to others as well. They might love you best, but they're never going to be one of those cats who love you only and exclusively.

That's the Star. Love for everyone. If you want something more exclusive, it's going to take time and persistence...and acceptance that such love will never be that exclusive.

.traveller.

Gosh, that made me laugh :laugh:

So, in answer to the question, "How does A feel about B?"
Well, he loves you, but then again, he loves everybody.

God, I'm dying over here, that just really tickled my funny bone. (gasping for air)

Sophie

The Star is the Greatest Love there is. But it's often misunderstood. As Thirteen wrote - it's not a selfish kind of love. It is absolute, constant, healing and very beautiful.

One of my favourite books is called, simply, Arcanum 17. It was written by a great lover of tarot, the poet André Breton. It is entirely about love. It starts with the love he found with the woman who was to become his wife - and the love of his life - after his former wife had left him, taking their son away, and leaving him very raw. But it goes beyond that. Breton speaks of The Star card as the power of regeneration through love, and particularly, through a feminine kind of love. He writes that women are the salvation of the earth. He was writing this in the middle of the Second World War - a war started and largely fought by men - while his beloved France was occupied by the Nazis. Because he was a communist, he had to leave France, and found refuge in Canada with his new love - that's where he wrote Arcanum 17. And so finally, for him, the Star is the Love that Redeems the earth - what humans do to each other. The Tower in his life - his wife leaving him, the war, the occupation of France - these were all healed and redeemed by the power of the Love found in the Star card, which starts with a human, erotic love - and widens to encompass the whole of humanity and nature.

I've not yet read a better description/meditation of The Star card, and in particular, its capacity to heal and regenerate through love.