Knight of Wands with Lovers

.traveller.

edited for content

Thirteen

.traveller. said:
Might this suggest an attraction? I've been doing a series of random readings and this particular pair caught my eye.What might these 2 cards suggest to you?
Instant attraction that leads to very good sex if you give into that knight there. And whoever they are, they're going to be charming, persuasive, charismatic and passionate. But be careful. Attraction and being swept off your feet into bed for a night of, er, fevered connection doesn't mean anything more or deeper is going to happen. The Knight of Wands is a rambling sort who doesn't usually stick around, however strong the attraction or passionate the sex.

.traveller.

edited for content

.traveller.

edited for content

Thirteen

.traveller. said:
Oh, another thought/question... might this combo suggest a sex offender with the right cards and what might those cards be?
:eek: Um, no. I wouldn't say that. Negatively aspected the Lovers would scream: "WRONG CHOICE!" and the King/Wands would feel like he might not take "no" for an answer. So stay away from him, you'll give him the wrong idea. But that's not quite the same as what I'd interpret as a sex offender, meaning someone who has done some terrible stuff more than once and gone to jail for it. Someone who needs to do terrible stuff in order to get sexually excited.

To suggest a sex offender, you'd really need some other uncomfortable cards. Like the Devil or the Moon, and most especially if they were ill-aspected. Wrong choice made for a guy who is charismatic on the surface, but controlling and treacherous underneath.

My point being, the knight/wands isn't the sort of guy who makes any plans of any sort. He sets himself a goal and goes for it. Which is why, at his worst, he won't take "no" for an answer. But he doesn't stalk someone, or plan out an attack. He just takes advantage of the opportunity if it arises. Do you see what I mean?

I would, however, like to point out that in the U.S. it's scary-easy to be listed as a sex offender. An 18 year old boy with a 16 year old girl friend in a loving and consenting relationship can end up labeled a sex offender. So....what are you referring to when you mention sex offender? Why this question came to mind with these cards? Or do you have suspicions or information about this guy? I ask because they really don't invite that interpretation even when ill-aspected.

.traveller.

edited

Thirteen

.traveller. said:
That is a relief, the cards are in reference to an individual who sports a lovely accessory known as a GPS ankle bracelet. He's been sitting near me on the bus (I commute to work). The sex aspect of the card combo made me wonder about it. Especially since the cards were regarding his opinion/thought of me or more accurately, how he looks at me. I've pulled cards on all the regulars, it's a long ride but those cards surprised me.
Ah! Well, the Lover might be saying "Wrong Choice" or even "don't talk to him." Remember, the Lovers card isn't about falling in love so much as making a connection, usually through communication.

And with a Knight/Wands it's more likely the bracelet is for assault, for doing something bad in a temper. Knight/Wands can be a bully who enjoys scaring people and feeling powerful, but, like I said, it's an opportunity thing, not usually a thing you plan out and hold onto as with, say, the Devil.

I thing the problem here was that you made assumptions about the cards when you pulled them. "Might this suggest attraction?" you asked. And yeah, it can. Then you ask, "Might this suggest sex offender?" Um...not usually. What you should have asked was, "I've got this guy with a GPS bracelet on his ankle staring at me on the bus. I get Lovers and Knight/Wands. What might it mean?" Given that scenario, the answer is easier. The cards are simply warning you that if you're considering talking to him, you'd better be aware that something dramatic could come of it. The Lovers indicates a choice that could change your life, not bus ride conversation that won't lead anywhere. You talk to him, and as a Knight/Wands, you give him a goal to go after. You also put yourself at risk from his power/charisma. A Knight/Wands is not a liar, but he is someone who is convinced he's in the right. If he believes he did nothing wrong, then he will try to convince you of that as well. And he usually has the charisma to make you see it his way, at least temporarily.

But he's impatient, has a bad temper, and doesn't take "no" for an answer.

.traveller.

I have removed my posts, but since the quotes remain the integrity of the thread is intact.
I'm out of here, thanks for your help.

starrystarrynight

[Disclaimer: I am not trying to take sides or discredit anyone or even hijack this thread, just that what I'm about to say has come to mind before about this forum topic, and it has bothered me more than once.]

Maybe its not that great an idea to try to discuss in this forum topic one card or a combination of cards that are being pulled as a part of a bigger spread...because I think that tempts us to latch onto a "meaning" suggested that may or not fit the spread (but perhaps fits what we might like it to mean in the spread.)

Always, the other cards will color any one card's particular meaning in a spread.

This discussion is why I am becoming more convinced that reversals or Elemental Dignities or the like are important for newer readers to learn, too.

Upright, those two cards are just as Thirteen said...reverse one, the other or both, and you are looking at something entirely different--and even more difference is likely when you factor in the other remaining cards of the spread. And you can't really tell their aspects if we just pull them out of a spread and hope to get a meaning for them. In fact, it probably does more disservice to the seeker than help. You know?

To discuss various meanings of cards or card combinations is one thing and probably the reason this topic is here. But if we are trying to see how a card fits or colors a reading when pulled from a spread, I don't think it works that well here.

Sorry if this post doesn't belong here, but I think it is pertinent to the way this discussion has proceeded, and I wonder if others have thought about those things, as well.

sacredashes

The two cards together may just be an advice to be aware of the tendency in making a rash decision.

Faced with an important choice because The Lovers is a major card, the Knight may just be a reminder that the querent could be rushing into something without fully considering the consequences.