Moldavite Questions

Alissa

NO~! DONT BUY from Heaven and Earth! You'll buy up all their moldavite I'm still salivating over and then there'll be none left for me! ;)

My moldavite finger came from H&E, and it's raw. I've also been thinking it's time for me to get more moldavite, and am considering a ring. Great question on the cut moldavite, I like how you can still feel your ring cjtarot... fascinating!

I've even seen in the H&E catalog some lovely moldavite pieces that have been half laser-carved into shaman's heads, kwan yins, and other stunning shapes. Quite nice!

But I like the ridges and the trapped bubbles inside my natural piece of moldavite a lot. They are so strange and unusual, you just don't see rock formation like moldavite's very often (due to the tektite atmosphereic origins of course). People only look at it, and they know it's something "strange and different."

zorya

my piece is in its natural state, and feels like it pulls on me, like a magnet.

i've read that smaller pieces actually vibrate with more energy. i only have one piece so cannot compare. do those of you with more than one find this to be true?

lark

You guys are so funny.....:)
I'm sitting here with my Heaven and Earth catalog open to Moldavite, when I see this post.
Guess the universe is trying to tell me something.....
I have catalog # 30 and there's an article about Moldavite on the front cover.
It's about peoples experiences with it tingling, fizzing, and making there hands or skin feel very cold or hot when touched.
People seem to have had experiences with it moving in their house from one place to another, or disappearing all together.
Also it seems to multiply for some people.
One woman bought a piece in a crystal shop and kept it in the guest room. One day the door to the guest bedroom was stuck and when she forced it open a green stone fell to the floor.
It looked like her Moldavite, but hers was stilll sitting on the dresser.
It turned out to be Moldavite.
She had the two stones photographed even thought they both looked green to the eye, one photographed black and one light green, and they kept blinking when the photographerer was looking through the lens.
One of the stones flipped over during photographing because when the picture was developed it was not on the same side it was placed on.
The photogragher had the stones move three times in his house while he was working with the stones and a third stone appeared on the dresser next to the other two.

This is one weird, freeky stone hey!

There is another story about a woman who's Moldavite disappered for months and although she knew just where she had set it it was gone.
Months later she wa laying on her couch meditating and when she stood up something fell off of her chest.
It was her Modavite stone.

I think I want to get one...Or do I? :eek:

Alissa

You know, I have that issue too, lark, and I've always kept a close eye on my moldavite to keep it from wandering. I always have, it just feels like it could go somewhere if I'm not minding it all the time.

I've worn it in a medicine pouch for about 9 months, until the leather pouch got downright ripe. Then, I had the stone made into a pendant and wear it almost all the time, but when I *do* have the necklace off (for whatever reason) I'm very mindful of where I've put it, and carefully to put it in a place I will see often.

Plus, I have home elves to deal with. They take pretty things all the time, and given moldavite's tendency to wander, and theirs to borrow... I'm just extra careful is all.

lark, you should get some. It's a great stone, and I really don't know anything about stones.... At the very least, it will make for an interesting conversation piece! ;)

("Where did you get that stone???"

"Outer space....")

tmgrl2

jlbvt said:
This brings up another question I had- Terri, is your stone cut/faceted, and do you feel a definite energy from it? I was wondering whether taking away the stone's natural shape takes away some of its energy too. The energetic moldavite I have is so amall that if I carried it around, I would lose it. I love to touch it though- it really feels just like it's fizzing! Maybe I should get a nice cut one and wear it?

I would like to hear more of people's personal experiences... ;)

Joan

Yes, the one I wear is in a triangular silver setting ...the silver simply surrounds the stone so you can see through it when held to light...even though the stone is so dark.

They had uncut, unpolished Moldavite as well, but I chose this stone since I can wear it with two chunks of silver I wear on a chain...each chunk has a micro-engraving by Jeannine Payer of two favorite poems...one by Rilke..."Be patient with all that is unsolved in your heart, and try to love the questions themselves..."

I may buy another piece at another time.

I don't really know if I have extra energy on days I wear it.

I just love it, though!

terri