New deck, Hexen 2.0

Laura Borealis

It is four miles to the nearest store :)

*grin* All the better to tire them out.

About the book -- is it really a companion to the deck? Or is it just one aspect of the artist's whole vision for this project, along with the video and diagrams and so forth (see here)?

There's so much going on with the project as a whole... it's fascinating but a little overwhelming. I might end up wanting the book, myself, but I'm going to start with the deck and see what happens. :p (Mine has reached my city, saith Amazon's tracking!)

Looking at the artist's site just now, I was struck by this diagram. It clearly references some of the early Rosicrucian material, the Cave of the Illuminati. Fun, no?

gregory

Indeed - and the Illuminati FASCINATE me, so...

They aren't really OLD enough to be let out that far completely alone, sadly; part of it would be along a busy and narrow main road.... and I do quite like them :D

Laura Borealis

I'm not really advocating it, of course :p Just teasing.

It's actually a pretty mean thing to do to a kid. My first boyfriend told me his dad used to give him money for an ice cream cone, and when he'd get back to the house, he'd be locked out. Later he realized his parents were indulging in some "afternoon delight" of their own.

Topic? Oh yeah! HEXEN. I've been looking at the artist's earlier work... some amazing stuff there, and she seems to have an ongoing interest in topics like Cabala, alchemy and gematria. I'm hoping the cards give me a brain workout. :D

gregory

They will. I was RIVETED while looking through them - and that was fairly cursory, to make sure they were all there ! Grandson (aged 11) wanted to see, and then said they were weird and so was granny. :D

Laura Borealis

Out of the mouths of babes! :D

Morwenna

Ah, but it's a good weird. :) Hubby's niece and nephews say the same about him. He says everybody ought to have a weird uncle. :D

I want this deck.

Elendil

Okay guys - a heads up here.
I got the book and it is NOT a guide to the Tarot. It is a book of art with a minimal introduction. There are large colour plates of the tarot deck (a page each) but NO explanations.

Dusk Till Dawn

Okay guys - a heads up here.
I got the book and it is NOT a guide to the Tarot. It is a book of art with a minimal introduction. There are large colour plates of the tarot deck (a page each) but NO explanations.

Thank you for that! Saved me 25 Euro's just now.