Gonna learn Thoth if it kills me - Majors

cardlady22

nicky

thorhammer said:
No, not Plutonic Shields :laugh: Platonic Solids! I'd say it has something to do with Plato (?) and the forms of crystallisation ;) - chemistry. Angles of refraction, cleavage, that sort of thing.

\m/ Kat

ETA: Well, I was kinda close :) Platonic Solids - for a start ;)

ROFLMFAO I am hysterical over here ...see? I am the baboon ! LOL

thorhammer

nicky said:
ROFLMFAO I am hysterical over here ...see? I am the baboon ! LOL
Hence your clip in the ID thread? it's on the tip of my tongue . . .

\m/ Kat

Abrac

To my way of thinking, the Priestess represents "that which is hidden." Crowley alludes to this in The Book of Thoth: "She is clothed only in the luminous veil of light. It is important for high initiation to regard Light not as the perfect manifestation of the Eternal Spirit, but rather as the veil which hides that Spirit" and "She is the truth behind the veil of light. She is the soul of light."

The lemniscate represents the closed system of space/time which includes light. She wears it as a mask or part of her "outer garment." But Crowley also seems to suggest that the outer garment is more than just a garment and is actually part of the Priestess: " Thus she is light and the body of light."

Always Wondering

Yes, quentesences is the closest I could come to manifestation with the Priestess. But still spirit must come through her, to manifest. It's a stretch, but why else the cyrstals? Their shape as always niggled at me.

AW

nicky

Thanks everyone for the platonic solids... I have been surfing all over the web and found fascinating information.

I found the attached graphic on this site:
http://sacredcirclecosmos.com/Sacred Geometry/flatland2sphere2.html

I see four of the five elements on the Priestess card (finally!) but no earth..

Could the earth be missing because the HP is so far up above the abyss?

yikes .. this Thoth may just kill me afterall ...

<grins>
Nicky

Attachments

• platonic solids.jpg
    platonic solids.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 82

Le Fanu

Always Wondering said:
But still spirit must come through her, to manifest. It's a stretch, but why else the cyrstals?

What I was trying to say; light refracting through the crystals, like prisms, as the spirit comes through her...

(nicky your posts are wonderful! I never thought studying Thoth could be so fun and stimulating!)

Always Wondering

Le Fanu said:
What I was trying to say; light refracting through the crystals, like prisms, as the spirit comes through her...

(nicky your posts are wonderful! I never thought studying Thoth could be so fun and stimulating!)

Ah, it clicks now. A beautiful visual I can relate to this card.

Also I was remembering there is some magical work regarding cubes, but I am not experienced with that yet.

nicky said:
Could the earth be missing because the HP is so far up above the abyss?
I would agree with this. Our earthly ways could muddy our access to the Priestess, thus the veils. To borrow from Aeon418, we need to polish the crystals to gain access to spirit with what ever work thou wilt. :) This is what I think of lately when I read Crowley's call to pierce the veil of the virgin.

AW

cardlady22

Always Wondering said:
Ah, it clicks now. A beautiful visual I can relate to this card.
. . . we need to polish the crystals . . .

AW

Have you ever watched someone facet a raw gemstone? It's fascinating! It's an apt way of looking at the spiritual process, too. You wouldn't give a beginner a diamond to work on. You start with a low grade quartz and a simple cut. You have to know the angles, choose the right lap, etc as well as investigate the specimen itself to find which direction will create the most beautiful effect as the light passes. And as with any Art, sometimes the highest measure of your skill is finding the way to turn a mistake/flaw into something beautiful!

Always Wondering

That is awesome, cardlady22. I have never given faceting a thought.

Now I have the vision of Nuit glittering through a crystal and and throwing a million sparks to dance over my walls.

I love this card.

AW