Book of Law Study Group 1.41

Always Wondering

if she will!
If she wilt.
It finally makes sense to me.

I don't know why I have had such a hard time with this verse. But sin makes a lot more sense as an archery term. And me an archer (Sag). :laugh:

AW

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
Accurséd! Accurséd be it to the aeons! Hell.

Hell is an odd word to stick on the end of this verse. If we look beyond Christian superstition we find that Hell means the hidden/concealed place. It may be related to "one who covers up or hides something". Hmmm....

AL 2:1 Nu! the hiding of Hadit.

If Nuit is Heaven (AL 1:21) then Hadit, her complementary opposite, must be the Lord of Hell. Hadit / Hades?

Hell - HILL - Heh Yod Lamed Lamed. The spelling of Helel, Lucifer the Morning Star. Gematria value 75. The same value as NVIT.

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!

Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

This is cool, and I can appreciate it all without your *%#$ gematria. :laugh: Though I am determined to follow along and learn, never the less.
Yod translates as y, i or j, so I can see how you got from hell to hill, although I wouldn't know when it was fine to make that jump or not. But what the heck is NVIT and how did you get there?

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
This is cool, and I can appreciate it all without your *%#$ gematria. :laugh:
I'll remember to keep my *%#$ to myself next time. :laugh:
Always Wondering said:
Yod translates as y, i or j, so I can see how you got from hell to hill, although I wouldn't know when it was fine to make that jump or not.
Remember that transliteration (not translation ;)) of English into Hebrew is not an exact science. They are two different languages. So it's perfectly acceptable to transliterate a word by how it sounds.
Always Wondering said:
But what the heck is NVIT and how did you get there?
NVIT is Nuit. The V is the Hebrew Vau, which has several different English equivalents. V, U, W.

Nuit: Nun, Vau, Yod, Teth = 75 (see correspondences for 75 in Liber 777.)

Aeon418

Hell - the Hidden place - the Unconscious mind.

Lucifer, the Light Bringer, (Hadit) cast out from Heaven (Nuit) broods in the darkness of the pit. Of course, put like that, it all sounds very moral and judgemental. Liber AL says: "For I am divided for love's sake for the chance of union."

But the conscious mind, being what it is, fights the unconscious every step of the way. Instead of seeking integration, it represses the unconscious and fights a raging battle to hold it down. (Satan in Hebrew is the Adversary)

Matthew 12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

There is no bond that can unite the divided but love: all else is a curse.

RLG

Dwtw

One has to wonder what the word 'it' is referring to in the last part of this verse.

It can't be those things which are not love, for they are a plural, and would make the word 'them' more appropriate English, i.e. 'accursed be them to the aeons'.

It is a bit misleading because the phrase 'all else is a curse' is followed by the words accursed, but they do not appear to be referring to the same thing.

So what is 'it' that is accursed to the Aeons? It would seem to be sin itself, in the particular form of restriction.

any ideas?

As for the word Hell, standing oddly alone at the end, this was an early name for the XVI Atu, the Tower. Perhaps this is a reference to that card, and the serpent and dove found on it, which represent the two forms of love, (which we will meet in v. 57)

Litlluw
RLG

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
I'll remember to keep my *%#$ to myself next time. :laugh:

Okay, I won't tease you anymore, in case you take me seriously, because I already got the books and I am determined to learn.

Aeon418 said:
Remember that transliteration (not translation ;)) of English into Hebrew is not an exact science. They are two different languages. So it's perfectly acceptable to transliterate a word by how it sounds.

I guess I didn't give much thought to the difference of those two words.

Aeon418 said:
NVIT is Nuit. The V is the Hebrew Vau, which has several different English equivalents. V, U, W.

Nuit: Nun, Vau, Yod, Teth = 75 (see correspondences for 75 in Liber 777.)

Well, I did suspect Nuit because she is listed in the Sepher Sephiroth with a value of 75. But when I looked her up in Goodwin's translieriated Hebrew (page 218) she has a value 466 on the far right side. What does that number mean?

Getting out 777.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
Well, I did suspect Nuit because she is listed in the Sepher Sephiroth with a value of 75. But when I looked her up in Goodwin's translieriated Hebrew (page 218) she has a value 466 on the far right side. What does that number mean?
Ah, but look at the differences in the spelling.

Crowley: Nun Vau Yod Teth = 75 (NUIT)

Godwin: Nun Vau Yod Tau = 466 (NUITh)

In Sepher Sephiroth Crowley wanted to forge a link with Nuit and LILH (Night) and HILL (Lucifer).

During the Cefalu period Crowley adopted the spelling Nuith (and Hadith). I don't think there is any particular significance in the gematria value (466) when the name is spelt with a Tau though.

RLG

Dwtw

Actually, 466 is significant in light of the verse coming up soon, discussing the various terms for 'nothing'.
I won't go into all the detail until the appropriate verse, but 466 = (56 x 8) + 18.

Litlluw
RLG

Aeon418

You're saying that you get 466 via some sort of manipulation of 8, 80, 418 ?