Trump on Trump Action: Thoth and Astrology

brujaja

<<Qabalistically each of the Trumps are attributed to a letter, and the letters do divide neatly into 3 types.
3 Mother Letters: Attributed to the 3 primary elements and sometimes the modern planets.
Aleph (Fool, Air, Uranus), Mem (Hanged Man, Water, Neptune) and Shin (Aeon, Fire, Pluto)
7 Double Letters: Attributed to the 7 traditional planets.
12 Single Letters: Attributed to the 12 signs of the Zodiac.>>

This is a very helpful distillation. I know I've read it before, but thinking it over now, it finally begins to click.

<<The whole system of correspondences used by the GD is essentially an artificial language for communicating with the subconscious mind. On paper it's almost as worthless and arbitary as any other system.>>
True Dat, Aeon418.

<<Plus if someone else speaks the same language you can compare results.>>

Yes, that's what I'm working towards. I've done a lot of "artificial-languaging" to work with myself, and the structure behind my practice makes sense to me, but who else speaks my language? lol. I'm trying to get a handle on these older structures precisely so I can better compare results. Not necessarily cuz Old = Authentic, but for general study and communication.

And, of course, the lingo makes any personal tweakage more explainable as such, rather than as some newfangled unchartedness.

Aeon418

brujaja said:
And, of course, the lingo makes any personal tweakage more explainable as such, rather than as some newfangled unchartedness.
Exactly! Small changes and tinkering within a fixed framework has logical and predictable results.
For example Crowley's Star/Emperor swap on the Tree of Life does not break the rules of the game and neither is it an arbitary change. The energy of the 15th and 28th paths is very similar. They are almost the same but on different levels. I suppose you could say that the 28th path is a lower octave of the 15th path. Just like a Ford and a Ferrari are both cars, but we all know a Ferrari is the better of the two. :D

brujaja

<<I suppose you could say that the 28th path is a lower octave of the 15th path.>>
What a lovely way to put it. I'm gonna remember that.

Although you bring up another question I've been wondering about. You say the 15th and the 28th paths...so the paths have some numerical classification regardless of what you overlay on them? (I would hope so, it'd be immensely helpful) And now that I think about it, I thought there were 22 paths...what paths are we talking about (there are 32 of them, I'm guessing)?

brujaja

ah i just realized my answer to my own question. never mind! the "path of the emporer" thread's action is helping, too...

Aeon418

brujaja said:
Although you bring up another question I've been wondering about. You say the 15th and the 28th paths...so the paths have some numerical classification regardless of what you overlay on them?
Correct.
brujaja said:
And now that I think about it, I thought there were 22 paths...what paths are we talking about (there are 32 of them, I'm guessing)?
Yes, 32 paths. The first 10 paths are the actual Sephiroth and the remaining 22 (paths 11 - 32) are the connecting paths inbetween.