8-bit tarot

AngelC

I got my last set yesterday and it's really a lovely little deck.
I have some issues with the cutting, the corners aren't the same for all cards and some of the cards are bigger than others, some smaller.
For instance my Knight of wands is 3mm narrower than my Hierophant :p
Still minor issues.
Still happy :)

wytchwood

Indeed there are some odd sized cards, but I don't feel it's a problem. I love it!

karen0205

AngelC said:
I got my last set yesterday and it's really a lovely little deck.
I have some issues with the cutting, the corners aren't the same for all cards and some of the cards are bigger than others, some smaller.
For instance my Knight of wands is 3mm narrower than my Hierophant :p
Still minor issues.
Still happy :)
It's probably because they weren't all printed at the same time so they weren't
all cut at the same time. Will cause some minor issues with the size like you
were describing.

3mm is a pretty big difference though, maybe you could ask if you could exchange that card?

karen0205

midniteeye said:
actually i already did. they told me that there is no more pack 1 available. my guess is that i can just go ahead and order pack 2 through 6, since it is possible that i got pack 1 from an after market, but then why bother? if i cannot get it, then i cannot get. with divination tools, i am a true believer of karma. if it is meant to be, then it will be.
I thought that the first pack was going to be sold to whoever wanted to buy
the rest.
There was going to be the same number of packs 2-6 set aside as there were
purchased of pack number 1 so I bet they are sitting there waiting for you.
Email Indy and ask him. I'm sure he would rather you buy the rest than have
packs 2-6 sitting there with him. He can't use them and neither can you use
your pack 1. Might as well get the rest to you.

I just ordered my pack number 6~!

motsa

There was going to be the same number of packs 2-6 set aside as there were purchased of pack number 1 so I bet they are sitting there waiting for you. Email Indy and ask him. I'm sure he would rather you buy the rest than have packs 2-6 sitting there with him. He can't use them and neither can you use your pack 1. Might as well get the rest to you.
I think you misunderstood midniteeye. midniteeye hasn't bought pack one yet and can't because that pack is all sold out.

my guess is that i can just go ahead and order pack 2 through 6, since it is possible that i got pack 1 from an after market
Actually, pack 2 is only available if you bought pack 1; pack 3 is only available if you bought 1 and 2; and so on. So you wouldn't be able to buy 2-6 of the installments and hope you could find a copy of pack 1 somewhere else.

midniteeye, you mentioned earlier that you don't want to buy the whole deck together because you don't want the box with the all-seeing eye on it. If you can't buy the full thing by installments because you didn't get in early enough to get a copy of installment one when it was available, why not just buy the full deck and throw out the box that you don't want? I understand that you may not like or want the imagery on the box but the box is disposable. (Or you could ask Indy to just ship the full deck to you without the box so you don't even have to worry about it.)

midniteeye

i guess if i cannot find a pack one somewhere, then the full deck will have to do. this deck seems too much fun for me to miss. bring back the nintendo memories of yester years.

shadowdancer

highly recommended wee deck :D

I didn't notice different sized cards at all - they all appeared equal sized, but I have trimmed them since now down to just the gold border.

This may be a great travel deck for some folks - size wise is terrific.

Take a look at the sides of the lid/box. Definite reminders of the early gaming roots re the style :)

Indy1725

Howdy, all!

I just want to address the issue of the cutting really quickly here:

karen0205 is right that all the cards for the packs were printed and cut individually, and that something happened in the cutting accuracy between the printings of packs 5 and 6. The first five packs were quite consistent in size and shape, but the cuts for pack 6 were all over the place. I contacted the printer and was told that the problem was with my artwork, even after I explained that the cards are all different sizes. I managed to get them to let me send them back after several hours on the phone with different customer service reps of varying politeness. When I got the second printing of those cards back the cuts were noticeably improved, even though they were still unfortunately uneven, and I made the decision not to delay the shipment of the cards by going for a third printing. So, I apologize if the cut of the sixth pack causes problems with your reading. I'm afraid I can't replace individual cards, since all of that card would be cut the same way.

The cards for the Decks, however, somehow managed to get cut far more consistently for the most part, so owners of the Deck may not notice the cutting problems that Pack owners would see.

And if you really don't like the all-seeing eye box, the 8-Bit Tarot are cut to the size of business cards, so any small business card box should do, if it's big enough to hold about 100 standard business cards. I picked up a really nice black textured box for about a buck at a local paper supply store. It's a little roomy, but it holds the cards really well and is very unassuming.

gregory

Are there going to be copies of the full deck for sale for a while ? I did PM you; I cannot safely paypal from where I am now; it would take till mid July.... If not - I must get me to a library.....

shadowdancer

Hi Gregory.. you should be okay. As I understand, there are either 900 or 1000 of the full deck printed.

I still smile when I look at it. And those of us old enough to remember computer games before the major consoles came out... the box lid sides will also bring a smile

Davina