38-spirit guides
39-power animals
40- Angel

214red

Combos

thought i would put in some combos as i find them:

stork+ Spirit guide- addition of a new member of your spirit team

Elendil

I checked out the link to the cards on here. The extra cards cost 5 Euros (as a 'set' of four) BUT the postage is 12 Euros...so I will have to give these a miss until another outlet stocks them.

:(

214red

I checked out the link to the cards on here. The extra cards cost 5 Euros (as a 'set' of four) BUT the postage is 12 Euros...so I will have to give these a miss until another outlet stocks them.

yes i heard about that, my friend brought them for a gift she brought two sets to make it worth while. if you know anyone in the same country as you , you could see if they want to put in a bulk order for them as shipping internally in europe is only about 1.30 from the UK. I also emailed them asking why its so expensive and asking if the whole deck could be included with the 4 extra cards (so then you could sell on the deck and keep the 4 cards).

214red

i just emailed watkins and book depository about the cards, i think if we want to see something in the UK or with lower shipping rates we need to show there is a demand for them, so email the places you shop at and ask about it, create the demand for them to stock it.
To be honest if there was a complete deck of the 40 cards on sale i would purchase those as a set too, i want a back up of the lenormand but i also want the extra cards too, i think my deck would feel odd now without it.

Elendil

To be honest if there was a complete deck of the 40 cards on sale i would purchase those as a set too

Me too...and I am sure there is more widespread demand.

GryffinSong

37-Ancestors
38-spirit guides
39-power animals
40- Angel

Huh. I'm quite surprised at this list. The Lenormand is, at only 36 cards, a very stark deck in my opinion, with cards having to cover multiple aspects. If I'd been designing extra cards, these four cards could be summed up as one helper card, and I'd have filled in other gaps with the other three. These cards seem to unbalance the meager 40 card deck in a spiritual direction that isn't there with the original Lenormand.

How do other people feel about this?

214red

Huh. I'm quite surprised at this list. The Lenormand is, at only 36 cards, a very stark deck in my opinion, with cards having to cover multiple aspects. If I'd been designing extra cards, these four cards could be summed up as one helper card, and I'd have filled in other gaps with the other three. These cards seem to unbalance the meager 40 card deck in a spiritual direction that isn't there with the original Lenormand.

i must differ that the lenormand is not a spiritual deck, many decks can be seen that way. I see them as helper decks, and the ancestor one could be either the card reader themselves or divination in general. the star+man/woman is often seen as a psychic person, so there are examples of esoteric meanings in lenormand decks as they stand.

The 4 extra cards are optional, so you can simply have the deck as is, but for someone that works with spirit the extra cards work for me, but if i were doing face to face lenromand readings i might take them out with certain people.

andybc

I must also disagree: the Lenormand is a very spiritual deck. It’s a spiritual deck that talks about spirituality in the world we live in, more down to earth and in ‘real terms’. We could say any deck is or isn’t spiritual, it comes down to how we use it and our perception of the spiritual. Perhaps Lenormand is more spiritual than some – as it encourages bringing the spiritual into your everyday life, rather than isolating it?

I have the extra four cards: I don’t use them much, as the Mystical isn’t my main deck. However the other cards can be quite useful. I shuffle them separately (more a case of mixing them up), and draw one and then deal the other 36 as appropriate. Of the five times I’ve used them I’ve dealt the Ancestor card 3 times, and then Spirit Guides and Power Animals once.

The reason the Ancestor comes up for me, I feel, is that cartomancy is a way of keeping in touch with my heritage, the people that have gone before me but are still very much a part of my life. So that is a validation and an appropriate significator.

They aren't sold with the deck largely because most people perhaps wouldn't want them with the 36. As I understand it, they were also more Urban Trosch than Regula's brainchild.

andybc

I use them a lot: the postage and packaging is somewhat steep but you are paying for quality. These four cards come in a very thin plastic sheet, nothing to stop them bending and no box of their own.

The guys at the store package them in a very study, recyclable box as otherwise it would be very easy for them to be damaged in transit. To the best of my knowledge, they are the only stockist.

Very often I do bulk orders from there for myself and my tarot friends. The quality is second to none.