Artists that you would like to have made Tarot decks, but never did :(

Elendil

Aubrey Beardsley

Erte

and a proper Tenniel Alice Tarot would be perfect...

kait

A Kay Nielsen deck would be amazing!

WyrdRaven

I would love to see a Peter Max deck (on round cards, of course!)

Bhavana

well , for me THIS http://www.streetsie.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Broken-Column.jpg would HAVE to be the tower , it would just have to.

I remember being a child and seeing this in an old magazine cover , and staring at it for hours when I got back to school , and asking my mother what was it? why was she crying ? what had happened to her? etc. she of course would give answers a kid would understand without paying much attention, wich of course only confused me and left me thinking about it even more. this painting was probably my first encounter with art , and I am sure it has left it's mark on my soul. even now as I look at it... I feel exactly the same way , Im transported to that moment I first saw it and my mind rushes with questions, theories, but most importantly feelings.

I owe frida a lot.

...a dr seuz would be fun but it'd have to include some quptes from the book in the iumage too =P dont you think? haha

We think a lot alike!! - I had thought of the SAME card for the tower - The accident that she had as a teen did shape her life, drove her you might say. I can't imagine the pain she lived with all those years - and probably that was the reason she died so young. However, she does have a painting of a woman falling from a tall building, I think it was about a suicide of someone she knew?? I love her work. Though I don't always find her paintings beautiful, they are so full of emotion, so feeling, as you say. She was a very important painter.

Hmm..Dr. Suess...yes, you'd most certainly have to have the quotes - like for the Tower: "I'm sorry to say, yes, it's sad but so true, that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you!"

...for the World: "And will you succeed, yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three quarters percent guaranteed!"

Or for the Fool: "If you never did, you should, these things can be fun and fun is good!"

....hehe!!...I could go on and on...

Minotauro

We think a lot alike!! - I had thought of the SAME card for the tower - The accident that she had as a teen did shape her life, drove her you might say. I can't imagine the pain she lived with all those years - and probably that was the reason she died so young. However, she does have a painting of a woman falling from a tall building, I think it was about a suicide of someone she knew?? I love her work. Though I don't always find her paintings beautiful, they are so full of emotion, so feeling, as you say. She was a very important painter.

Hmm..Dr. Suess...yes, you'd most certainly have to have the quotes - like for the Tower: "I'm sorry to say, yes, it's sad but so true, that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you!"

...for the World: "And will you succeed, yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three quarters percent guaranteed!"

Or for the Fool: "If you never did, you should, these things can be fun and fun is good!"

....hehe!!...I could go on and on...
yes the suicide of dorothy hale =P

that ones has a good story , but we're getting far from the subject haha

OMG ! XD haha yes! you SO chould make a thread about in tarot games and fun! haha

7 of wands ; But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!

roppo

Jessie M. King, definitely!

aja

Certainly the already mentioned Beardsley and Mucha (whose works graced my walls back in the 70's).
Also Sulamith Wulfing. I have an oracle that uses her paintings, but it's not the same as images done specifically for a deck

ahclem

Taking the post title at its word, I'll join gregory in Rene Magritte.

Seeing that people are nominating living artists, Alex CF and Peter Milton.

irmata

I <3 these kinds of threads! Agree with every single suggestion here :)

My contribution:

Harry Clarke
Remedios Varo
Leonora Carrington
Madeline von Foerster
A. Andrew Gonzalez
Mia Araujo
Patricia Ariel
Mark Ryden
Vali Myers

... umm, and I'll just stop there before I fill the whole thread up!