Reading discussion/feedback thread

lord_ewin

The only reason I'm arguing this one is because the summing up of cards is complicating the reading needlessly in my opinion. On the one hand, fate has given MK those cards to answer a y/n question, why morph them or cloud their meaning further..? If the cards had meant to answer scythe and coffin, doom and gloom, they would have said so at the onset.

Ergo, I don't look at a confusing amount of information that seems to negate the primary message of the cards. I'm leaving that out and basing myself on the cards drawn only.

Birds - not really yay or nay? Agreed? These may be communication.
Fox - not really yay or nay? This might mean the precariousness of the situation
Dog - sounds like a weak yes in the middle like that. Friendship, nice!
Path - not a yay or nay but it's an indication of outcome, look where it leads:
Ring - a yes, if I have ever seen one, and it's the outcome card...

214red

The only reason I'm arguing this one is because the summing up of cards is complicating the reading needlessly in my opinion. On the one hand, fate has given MK those cards to answer a y/n question, why morph them or cloud their meaning further..? If the cards had meant to answer scythe and coffin, doom and gloom, they would have said so at the onset.

Ergo, I don't look at a confusing amount of information that seems to negate the primary message of the cards. I'm leaving that out and basing myself on the cards drawn only.

Birds - not really yay or nay? Agreed? These may be communication.
Fox - not really yay or nay? This might mean the precariousness of the situation
Dog - sounds like a weak yes in the middle like that. Friendship, nice!
Path - not a yay or nay but it's an indication of outcome, look where it leads:
Ring - a yes, if I have ever seen one, and it's the outcome card...

i agree on the not yay or nay, i tend to want to have either a big spanking positive card or more yay than nay cards. also the path leads to commitment, but doesnt mean its happy as there is no happy cards there for me, a ring is a glue card, but is commitment good? or is it neutral?

i really find this interesting how we interpret the cards so differently :)

lord_ewin

The ring in this instance isn't a relationship. It's a yes to whether or not they would be happy together. :) go ahead and try to get an answer for her using the question you put forward and see if it comes up differently. You got me curious. :D

MoiraKarin

Your system is intriguing. Just looking at the cards, I'd likely have come up with something different - there are things that need to be addressed, but the basis of a relationship would be friendship, trust and loyalty, with the possibility for a commitment, maybe even marriage.

The same could be done with the combinations - the book would become the coffin, the lilies the ship, and the scythe would be the rider.

i thought it seemed intrigueing not to cut down the numbers...To their lowest numbers but let them match until nr 36 ..
T

In your system, how did you know to stop reducing the numbers at the scythe? Why not break 10 down to 1 - the rider?
This is what i feel is not really accurate, thus avoid doing.. Why using the numbers 1...9, while there are 26 other cards to use, as to get extra info from...

I have taken my weekly as an example of how this works
What to be expected to come in, this coming week feb 25th- march 2nd[
Child star mice cross tree lilies heart

I first take a look at what I feel it means:
Mice cross tree
Anxiety and hurt mentally

Child lilies heart:….Some new kind of passion I might get interested in

Child star (lillies) heart:…. Etc
If a reading confuses me I can ask further Question or dig deeper…

Child star = 13+ 16= 29= lady
If I would add the mice it will pass the 36. So in here I separate the lady as a key word
• From the lady I proceed further and take the mice which is placed next to the star
Lady mice( anxiety about a woman)= 29 + 23= 52 This I will reduceto 7= snake
I will stop here if I would use the cross I will pass 36

Cross+ tree=( mental profound sadness) 36 + 5= 42=6= clouds
Clouds+ Lillie=( troubles caused by this intention with the purpose to create balance) 36= cross+ heart ( my sincere intentions being discharged cut me real deep): So I will stop here as well, not because of the nr 36 but I see the last card of the reading as a stop and thus I do not continue dissecting
Lady snake clouds cross
What I expect to the highlight of this week are worries between me and another woman I understand the cross as well, for I am sort of ‘ cut up’ with this snake and I somehow need to deal with this

MoiraKarin

Before you both go too far on this, there is no scythe in the spread that MK had done... There is an assumed scythe by adding numerical values. The cards themselves were:

Birds - Fox - Dog - Path - Ring

The question aught to be answered with these only. Personally, I hate Y/N spreads, but this one seems positive.

I did not see it as a yes or no at first..I think that a path does not always lead to the ring i felt in this case..
Birds fox dog felt like the fox feels his self misplaced either as the birds ( 2 loving partners) and as a loyal husband(dog)
For me these 5 sets of cards felt he will most likely chose another commitment

lord_ewin

I did not see it as a yes or no at first..I think that a path does not always lead to the ring i felt in this case..
Birds fox dog felt like the fox feels his self misplaced either as the birds ( 2 loving partners) and as a loyal husband(dog)
For me these 5 sets of cards felt he will most likely chose another commitment

The question wasn't if he'd choose another or not, it was whether or not they'd be happy together if he chose her... the answer the cards give always answer the question. Going into anything more (especially on yes/no) questions is only counter productive.

For example, I do like that you put in his feeling misplaced and as a loyal husband, it gives a bit more depth to the answer and the challenges he's facing, but ultimately, somewhere in those cards there has to be a yes or a no. Will they or will they not be happy together? I think here, everything before the path is actually some meat to the story which you picked up on. The actual answer is separated by the path - a sort of 'hey, look here for your answer.' And the answer is the ring.

Just with the ring, I'd say yes, it will be a happy union (if they choose to pursue it). We're not trying to establish if they will pursue a relationship. We're taking as fact as they will pursue one to see if they'll be happy. There is a nuance there.

For all we know, she might just like him because he's torn over this. She doesn't want Joe Bloe who will easily jump relationships when it gets hard. She wants a man that will stay by her because he loves her.

Ronia

the only other thing i can think of is the rider is your son, did you do anything that could have linked to the paths+ring

Could be, we go for walks each day anyways. But in my GTs I also have long rows of total nonsense. It seems the cards can be way off sometimes.

In general, in relation to your discussion here too, the cards should be read as close to the question as possible. I've noticed a number of times wide interpretations and straying from the question, seeing developments in the cards while forgeting what we've asked and this makes the reading highly irreliable to me. The cards tend to answer the question. If they are off, then they are way off and it's usually noticeable. It's challenging with future questions (as mine were in the thread) but... There's the risk.

MoiraKarin

The question wasn't if he'd choose another or not, it was whether or not they'd be happy together if he chose her... the answer the cards give always answer the question. Going into anything more (especially on yes/no) questions is only counter productive.

For example, I do like that you put in his feeling misplaced and as a loyal husband, it gives a bit more depth to the answer and the challenges he's facing, but ultimately, somewhere in those cards there has to be a yes or a no. Will they or will they not be happy together? I think here, everything before the path is actually some meat to the story which you picked up on. The actual answer is separated by the path - a sort of 'hey, look here for your answer.' And the answer is the ring.

Just with the ring, I'd say yes, it will be a happy union (if they choose to pursue it). We're not trying to establish if they will pursue a relationship. We're taking as fact as they will pursue one to see if they'll be happy. There is a nuance there.

For all we know, she might just like him because he's torn over this. She doesn't want Joe Bloe who will easily jump relationships when it gets hard. She wants a man that will stay by her because he loves her.

Yes i understand what you are saying... It makes very much sense. Thanks for the insight
I hope it is a yes as well...

Ronia

I recalled another one from the Q&As, I think it was BrightEye's pull for "What will be the result of my job interview in NDK?", and it was a bright spread, a "yes" spread, but nothing. It's been month and a half since then and, frankly, I don't think it will bring a contract. :( I don't know why it happens. The cards were truly very, very positive. But nothing.

LE also did a spread for me about a year ago and while the first two cards were spot on and the third one (about a journey home) played as well, the rest of it has not happened yet. I wonder if it will as well. I wish so but I never know how long a spread may take to manifest. A year is not a short wait...

lord_ewin

Ronia: Yeah, I remember the spread... at least mine seems to be progressing somewhere, if at all slowly. Sorry Ronia. :(

Moira: No problem. That's the whole reason I hate Y/N spreads in the first place. I'm tempted to read more into them than I should too. I think you have a very good intuition, so keep working at these.