Ghost and Spirits Deck ....Not feeling it.

Zombie

Been hesitant about this deck from day one. I am a dark person so I like anything spiritual and deep and dark. With one of he ghost being from a Christmas Carol, I wanted it. Ever since I received this deck I have hated and almost shriek at the idea I need to put it to use otherwise I need to get rid of it.

Should I keep it around and give it another shot? Or some time? What should I do?

Anybody have same exact feelings or can try to convince me? Or may have had same experience with a different deck?

Sulis

If I really don't like a deck then I get rid of it... There's always someone who will love a deck that you hate..
I traded or sold Ellen Cannon-Reed's Witches Tarot, The Robin Wood Tarot and The Gendron Tarot within days of getting them and I've never regretted any of those decisions.. Every deck is not for every person and it sounds to me like this deck just isn't for you.

Zombie

Thanks. Yes I think I should get rid of this deck. Nobody I know around here is interested in Tarot so I cannot give it to them or sell it to them. I'd like to trade off but I'm not sure where I can do that. I have it listed with Amazon now but doubt anyone will purchase it since there are so many available on there with higher seller ratings then myself.

I am going to try out a reading and see how I feel.

Right now I'm actually shopping for new decks. I'd like to start a collection but I do not want to keep cards I will not use.

Nica

I use this deck as an oracle. Really, I used it for messages from beyond. In other words, I do this instead of medium channeling and it works wonders for me.

I do not use it as a tarot deck at all.

BeyondtheVeil

Not feeling it either.... :(

I initially liked this deck. I thought it would be wonderful to read with. Then life happened, I had to sit it aside. Now that I looked at it again, I just don't feel like I can read with it. I do like the deck, but I don't know why it seemed good before, not now. Weird really. Anyway, I am willing to trade it. I have decided to wait a couple days or a week then look at it again. If I still don't feel any inspiration for reading, I will have to trade or sell it. I don't like keeping decks that I don't use. Unfortunately, my collection is growing and I'm running out of places to keep them.

BeyondtheVeil

karen0205

I'm disappointed! I was hoping this would turn out to be a great deck.
If you don't really connect with it right now, put it away and come back
to it after you have worked with a few other decks. You might find that
you are happy you kept it.

Le Fanu

I enjoyed reviewing this deck on my blog when it came out and my first impressions were favourable. I still like it but I have to confess I don't get very far with it in terms of reading.

I keep getting it out thinking that this time it'll work for me but I find it very hard to read like - well - a deck of cards. Meanings are buried, definitely but I wonder whether the meanings are too buried. I'm not a RWS fanatic, I like those decks that veer away from the standardised systems, but this is a tough one.

I also wonder whether it is not sinister enough. The ghosts seem too friendly. I suppose I wanted it to be dark and it isn't really. But I love the artwork, the ambition, the theme.

jema

I got this one like a year ago and never even looked at it :-S
Every week when I am gonna pick a deck this one comes out, I hold it in my hand 20 seconds and then say 'nah' and go for something else...

KristinCali

I've had this deck on my wishlist for a while. I'm quite bummed about the not-so-great responses to it. The reason I haven't bought it yet is because the back of the cards. Why in the world did they use such a cartoonish, simple, 2D looking ghost?? It just doesn't seem to match the style of the card fronts.

BeyondtheVeil

KristinCali

I've had this deck on my wishlist for a while. I'm quite bummed about the not-so-great responses to it. The reason I haven't bought it yet is because the back of the cards. Why in the world did they use such a cartoonish, simple, 2D looking ghost?? It just doesn't seem to match the style of the card fronts.

I usually don't care about the backs of decks because I don't look at those anyway. lol I do like the deck. I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I didn't. I like the pictures and think they are done very well. I don't like "sinister" decks, so this is a good "Ghosts & Spirits" deck done in good taste. I think I might try to read with it at some point, but I haven't been giving readings with any decks for awhile. {I'm in a spiritual 'retreat" phase right now :D}. Anyway, I've decided to keep my deck around a bit longer for when I feel like giving readings again. I may even try a personal reading to see how it goes at some point. {Not anytime soon as I'm super busy and have guests until next Tuesday}.

You can always do a trade to get this deck or, trade it away, if you get it and don't like it. I seem to always want to look in person for myself at decks that I'm interested in. I know that some decks that I absolutely love some people think is not readable. Reviews are just our opinions of how 'we' feel about a deck. Though sometimes it can help you not buy a deck that really isn't worth the paper it's printed on. I've gotten some of those in a trade and was so disappointed and confused how they could have even got printed. LOL

Good luck! If you get the chance to get the deck or look at it, then you can put your comments here. I feel bad that I'm not connecting with the deck. I did realize that I haven't tried though. <embarrassed> I think before I decide I can't read with it, etc that I should actually sit down and give it the time and attention I should. Then I can decide if I can read with it or not. I should have waited on my opinion until I actually tried reading with the deck. I'm sorry to other readers, and the author, for not taking the time to do a reading or two with it first.

I do think a large companion book would have been very helpful as well. Just a thought since I don't know all the ghosts, etc.

Brightest Blessings :heart:
BeyondtheVeil