Archangel Power Tarot

Thoughtful

Oh dear! this looks to be another long diatribe against DV.

Well l have pre-ordered this particular deck for a friends grand-daughter, she is very much into angels and oracles and wants to look at the tarot. l have ordered directly from Hay House UK as this month only they have the deck for £8.39 ($13) as opposed to £13.99 ($21). So if they are really naff l will not have wasted too much money.

Am interested to see how she has put this deck together, as folk here have said, is it same old meanings or has she (or whoever) put a new refreshing slant to them. One would hope so, it surely is possible given the many decks around that have similar meanings, yet appeal to many because they have put a new twist on things.

When this tarot arrives l hope it does not disappoint the grand-daughter, l will be interested to see the images probably lots of fantasy elements but for a young one that can only be good. Out of interest (if anyone is LoL!) l will post back here on them when they arrive, so l will reserve judgement till then.

Miss Divine

She will be wondering if she dare step into the world of Lenormand, but may choose not to, as there is no leaway to be fluffy and off on a tangent. It will be considered though.

:laugh: OMG!! I dreamt about being on Amazon and seeing a DV Lenormand available for pre-order!!

No joke!!
I most often than not have psychic dreams that I can recall so vividly. I sure hope this one wasn't one of them. :D

Celtictarot

Oh dear! this looks to be another long diatribe against DV.

Well l have pre-ordered this particular deck for a friends grand-daughter, she is very much into angels and oracles and wants to look at the tarot. l have ordered directly from Hay House UK as this month only they have the deck for £8.39 ($13) as opposed to £13.99 ($21). So if they are really naff l will not have wasted too much money.

Am interested to see how she has put this deck together, as folk here have said, is it same old meanings or has she (or whoever) put a new refreshing slant to them. One would hope so, it surely is possible given the many decks around that have similar meanings, yet appeal to many because they have put a new twist on things.

When this tarot arrives l hope it does not disappoint the grand-daughter, l will be interested to see the images probably lots of fantasy elements but for a young one that can only be good. Out of interest (if anyone is LoL!) l will post back here on them when they arrive, so l will reserve judgement till then.

I got my Gateway oracle on this offer and may get another one. But if it is Radleigh again, I don't think you askew meanings anymore more or else it won't be a tarot deck. Will be interesting if it is Angel Tarot part deux or will it be another tarot deck?

Celtictarot

come on guys, let's help Rodney here and just talk about the deck :D :D (I have had to physically move my hands away from the keyboard, through fear of typing everything that goes through my mind when I hear the name DV and 'new deck'). Otherwise he will be wearing his fingers down through having to delete postings.

My predictions:

It will be only the second ever tarow deck to be safe and 100% trustworthy.
It will be called tarow and pronounced differently to how most of us pronounce it.
The words Devil, Death will not appear. Swords will be something different to swords. Not sure what, unless she goes the unicorn horn route again. Surely she would not repeat herself in this deck? Would she?? (place your bets or suggestions here folks....)
At least one image will be of her, subtly disguised amongst the art.
At least two images will be the same, but slightly amended in each card so as to give the impression of being a totally different image.
It will sell incredibly well on Amazon, and anyone who dares to give it a 1 or 2 star review will be immediately slated by those who worship the ground she walks on.
She will be laughing all the way to the bank, and planning what her next 2 or 3 releases will be.
She will be wondering if she dare step into the world of Lenormand, but may choose not to, as there is no leaway to be fluffy and off on a tangent. It will be considered though.

In the meantime, does anyone know if any images exist yet for us to be proved wrong about? Are we being a little unfair here, bearing in mind it hasn't been released yet? I love the look of her Jan release: Angels of Love: How to Find and Keep the Perfect Relationship. I guess having been married 4 times she is more than qualified to give advice on this subject.
Darn.... I was being soo good up until this point. Sorry :D :D

I've given DV 1 star on amazon and not get slated :D
Judging by the looks of things, I feel this maybe the rehash of Angel Tarot with different images.
Swords maybe AA Michael! Just saying and the suits be of the AA themselves, but I am not holding my breath.
The cards will be gilded and have cotton wool and a discretionary warning to them! (one can only hope as these people should not use tarot).
Oh gawd!! Not the DV Lenormand! :eek:
WTH at the Jan release!!!

WhiteWolfy

I will buying this deck to see what it's like so i will reserve judgement until i have seen it as at the moment there are no images available online that i can find. I see that the deck is in collaboration with Radleigh Valentine again so i hope the images are better that the Angel tarot deck which just wasn't too my taste...

LotusSong

Swords maybe AA Michael! Just saying and the suits be of the AA themselves, but I am not holding my breath.

Well, Hay House has two very small images of the deck on their website, and you called it! The two cards appear to be labeled "Nine of Raphael" and "Nine of Ariel." The first card has a rich green border and the second has a fuchsia border. It appears to be in the same style has her previous deck - title, small picture, text on the bottom, large border.

rwcarter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyQ9oIjAbrg

Here is DV doing a reading with this deck.

Her color associations with the suits is a little funky:
Majors are purple - Can't be mad at purple, ever ;)
Air (suit of Michael) is blue - My first thought is blue water, but blue sky is OK
Earth (suit of Ariel) is pink - Really?
Fire (suit of Gabriel) is orange - Okay....
Water - (suit of Raphael) is tealish green - :confused:

The art looks better than the other DV tarot deck. Could only bear to watch half of the video though.

LotusSong

I think these cards are much prettier and more visually appealing (less creepy) than her previous tarot deck, but knowing it's "100% positive" makes it almost useless.

I thought it was ironic in her video how she said that one of the things she LOVES about tarot is that it can highlight the "shadow" side of life, tell you when things won't work out or to stop or now is not the right time, but in both of her tarot decks she has scrubbed and lessened the ability of the deck to do just that. One of the cards she drew in that video was equivalent to the Nine of Swords, but she made that card into letting go of your fears ("Your worry is unnecessary!"), and then claimed that all the cards she drew for the week were positive. :/