Samhain Deck of the Bastard - 2nd

FLizarraga

My Sahmain DOB 2nd ed. arrived in the mail just now! It is charming, mysterious, dark, and lovely. I'm not sure yet which I like better -- the 1st or the 2nd edition.

Hi Annabelle! If you have both editions, could you please post some side-by-side pics? Pretty please?

rylla

I missed the boat! Is Samhain 2 already available!?!!?!! Rushing to order it!

ETA: Agviz, that is beautiful!

rylla

From seven stars website:
"The deck has the grundgy appearance of having been used for 100 years & then locked up in a dusty old attic somewhere for 20 more. But, while it looks old, it will come to you on premium cardstock, shrink-wrapped & ready for reading."

...and NO ugly old smell !!!!!!!

MoonGypsy

Oh my, i am thrilled to bits! :D

My 2nd edition Samhain DoB arrived a little while ago, and [of course] i am crazy about it. [Samhain and seven stars deck addict that i am! :p]

My first and 2nd editions are both gorgeous! i love them both and i am so grateful to have both editions. They are 2 of my all time favorite decks...

Thank You , dear Seven! You have once again put a HUGE smile on my face...:D

You are truly the Queen of Ambiance! :*

agviz

Oooooh, man, that is NICE! Did you do the final distressing holding the deck as a whole, or card by card? The lower left edge looks as if you did it to the whole thing.

For the initial pass I did each card individually, but for the final distressing I held the deck as a whole and dabbed it here and there. I dabbed it more on the corners - that seemed to feel right.

Glad you guys like it!

seven stars

For the initial pass I did each card individually, but for the final distressing I held the deck as a whole and dabbed it here and there. I dabbed it more on the corners - that seemed to feel right.

Glad you guys like it!

Agviz that is one of my favorite pictures of the deck actually. I wish I could mail all the decks out to everyone looking exactly like that.

Two people who got their new decks had printer issues which I'm correcting - hopefully it was limited to just those. I think there was a hair on the roller or something weird. I've had people mistake my "aging" for printer errors before - those aren't printer errors hahaha....

I was away for a few days so I have lotta orders & stuff to catch up on these next couple of days - if you've written & I haven't answered that's why. =)

Dusk Till Dawn

Walnut stain is great as well, though I would recommend to use it on a few cards only, otherwise the edge gets too dark.

BTW, has anyone outside US already received the deck?
I received mine a few days ago, just had time to look through them. LOVE them to Pieces!