Samhain Deck of the Bastard - 2nd

agviz

All this talk has reminded me to upload a shot of the edge treatment I applied to the Samhain II. I first applied dark red ink to the edges, then added some black ink toward the corners to give it a "timeworn" look. ;)

Attachments

• Samhain EdgeTreatment.jpg
    Samhain EdgeTreatment.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 202

seven stars

All this talk has reminded me to upload a shot of the edge treatment I applied to the Samhain II. I first applied dark red ink to the edges, then added some black ink toward the corners to give it a "timeworn" look. ;)

FABULOUS photo. Which ink did you use? I've been telling everyone that I recommend the Tim Holtz distress inks but I haven't actually tried any others. REALLY like the Holtz inks. I've used the antique linen & then touched up with the vintage photo which is darker brown. Sometimes I spot it here & there with a black sharpie.

agviz

Ah... now I have to try to remember. I'll get back to you on that.

agviz

...I first applied a base edge treatment with a Copic Sketch marker (color: E07 Light Mahogany) which is similar to rust color. I did this one card at a time to prevent leaching onto the faces of the cards.

I then brushed the edges with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain. Since the ink was only lightly brushed on there was less chance of leaching and so I did all the cards together. I applied little or no Walnut Stain to the center of the cards so that the "wear" would seem uneven.

I really enjoy reading with this deck, and having distressed the edges makes it more my own.

Scarlet Woodland

New edition coming out?

Hi guys,
Not wanting to bug Seven, I thought I'd see if anyone knew... now that the current edition of the Samhain Deck of the Bastard is being discontinued on the 24th August (heads up if you want another copy before they go) is there likely to be a new edition waiting in the wings?

I have this edition and really want to get one of her decks with the waterproof cardstock in the next month or so. Was thinking Deck of the Bastard so as not to duplicate but if there's a new Samhain on the way soon I'll have to do a little dance of joy and wait for that :)

seven stars

Ooooh pretty :) Yup, definitely waiting for that one now.

You have rescued me from weeks of dithering thankyou! :D

ETA: Imagining using the waterproof version in the snow at Christmas now... yay :)

The Red Deck won't be available for a week or so - after that, I'm not selling the version with the black background. End of production.

Scarlet Woodland

yup, said that :)