Impressionist Tarot Lo Scarabeo

lightpers

I saw somebody on Instagram got The Impressionist Tarot already.

Does any of you, my lovely AT Forum friends has the deck already?

How are your impression about the deck?

( I want to get the deck directly from LoS but the shipping cost kills my gut to press pay button LOL)

https://instagram.com/p/1xMcVuKZYR/

tarotbear

I wish there were more available pictures of more of the cards - I like the 'Starry Night' background for The Star.

Madrigal

There are actually a fair number of pics online. If you google 'Impressionist Tarot' and then click on the link for images at the top of the google page you'll get a bunch.

This is not a deck that appeals to me as I wouldn't be able to separate the images from the artist, context and my own familiarity having grown up with them. But the art itself is, of course, lovely.

tarotbear

Yes - I followed that link, too, and many of the images are 'related' but not all of the many are that particular deck.

In a way - this is the 'more sophisticated' version of the 'PoMo Tarot' which just used sketchy drawings based off famous artworks - probably due to copyright issues for 78 pieces of artwork ....

***ETA***

Pic 1 - 'Domestic Scene' - David Hockney
Pic 2 - PoMo Tarot - Three of Bottles

Attachments

• Hockney Domestic Scene.jpg
    Hockney Domestic Scene.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 421
  • POMO 3 bottles.jpg
    POMO 3 bottles.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 406

Cocobird55

Looking forward to getting this one!

Le Fanu

Alida store has this deck in stock and there are a few more images up.

I'm not sure about this one. Or rather, I am sure that it doesn't appeal to me as a reading deck but that I shall get it as a collector's art deck to peruse the images. But looking closely at what has been done with images and the fact that some of these images are so familiar makes it harder for me (like Manet's Olympia, thinner, as the 10 of Wands - I just can't even begin to make an association. She's a prostitute - oppression in that sense I suppose. Over work?)

I think it helps if you know nothing whatsoever about Impressionists art and then you'll just respond to the images and create stories. But I see images reappropriated - the woman from the Bar at the Folies Bergere is now Temperance. In the original she is leaning on the bar, here she is mixing liquids. It's just all very odd.

But I think Impressionism is very appealing to people - jigsaws, keyrings, tarot cards and mousepads - so I daresay it will be a success. I shall buy it most definitely (I think I like the backs most.)

Cocobird55

I love Impressionist art, so it will be worth it for me to buy it just for that.

Sulis is making me a custom bag to put it in -- she found some fabric that is a collage of impressionist art that is really cool.

GlitterNova

I think it helps if you know nothing whatsoever about Impressionists art and then you'll just respond to the images and create stories. But I see images reappropriated - the woman from the Bar at the Folies Bergere is now Temperance. In the original she is leaning on the bar, here she is mixing liquids. It's just all very odd.

This sums up my feelings about this deck as well. Of course, this is an issue in all art-collage decks. I also dislike the borders and backing (feels a bit novelty).

And let's not get started on the fact that there is clearly POST-Impressionist artwork thrown in the deck as well! (gasps, shakes head)

mydearruby

Pre-ordered it from Amazon anyway.

Citrin

I'm really liking what I'm seeing. :) I'm not that big on art and yeah, maybe that's good because it won't get in the way of using the deck... Might be going on my wishlist. Really beautiful.