Impressionist Tarot Lo Scarabeo

swedishfish612

Saw this at Books-a-Million today but haven't not heard of it, I decided to wait and see what I could learn about it online first. The box is so sturdy and pretty that I hoped the deck would be gilded with nice, thick cardstock like the Illuminati, but it sounds like that's not the case. Probably a pass for me. Unless it becomes an impulse day while I'm shopping one day!

agviz

Mine finally lost the chemical smell.

I like it very much. Impressionism is my favorite style of art, so it was a pleasure looking through all the cards.

The book is good too. I got some different insight on cards that I though I knew well.

Call me nuts (go ahead, I like it!), but the chemical smell almost reminds me of oil paint!

I'm so busy that I've only been able to give mine a quick glance - but gee it seems lovely. I hope I can pour into it soon!

Le Fanu

I don't know what it is about this deck but, after having had it a while, it leaves me oddly unmoved.

There is something bizarrely uninvolving about it. Not something one expects considering the subject matter. I can't quite work out why and I'm intrigued. Never had this about a deck. There's usually a like/dislike reaction. I know that the pretend canvas backs and pretend frame fronts bother me, but it's not that.

Maybe it's that Impressionism really has been done to death with jigsaws and museum shop mouse pads and I just can't make that final step to - yikes, some other Impressionist variation; a tarot deck...

agviz

...Maybe it's that Impressionism really has been done to death with jigsaws and museum shop mouse pads and I just can't make that final step to - yikes, some other Impressionist variation; a tarot deck...

Aghhh! Don't say that! Now I'm going to have to ward off horrid thoughts of Monet mouse pads and van Gogh baseball caps while trying to connect with this deck! Thanks a lot, pal!

P.S. As I wrote this I realized that I'm wearing a t-shirt displaying Gustave Caillebotte's Paris Street; Rainy Day. Oh the irony!

nicky

Aghhh! Don't say that! Now I'm going to have to ward off horrid thoughts of Monet mouse pads and van Gogh baseball caps while trying to connect with this deck! Thanks a lot, pal!

P.S. As I wrote this I realized that I'm wearing a t-shirt displaying Gustave Caillebotte's Paris Street; Rainy Day. Oh the irony!

I would love to see both the shirt and the deck at the next Second Sunday :)))

nicky

Citrin

I'm yet to try this deck in a reading, just been really busy lately... I must say that the borders look so much cheaper than I thought they would! Ugh. I feel like they don't fit the images at all. And I'm usually not picky with borders! :( So that's quite disappointing...

With that said, looking through the suit of cups I must say I really enjoy it. Very serene and calming images. :)