Light and Shadow by Goepferd & Williams

strings of life

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when the two of them collaborated on this deck. It reads wonderfully. I purchased a trimmed copy from a member here (thank you Debra :love), see photo here. She did an amazing trim job.

I have two copies with the intent to color one of them in at some point.

G6

I really like this deck, but had read similar things about the cardstock, etc., I had wondered though if this would be a good deck to experiment with lamination?

The Happy Squirrel

Despite the thin card stock, this deck is worth your while. :)

rylla

I cherish mine too!

mydearruby

I used the sharpie metallic markers (gold and silver) to fill in part of the image. It is a great exercise to bond with the card, dig into the details, and do my research homework (gold means active and silver passive to me, so coloring part of the image emphasizes what catches my attention). I have attached a photo to show the effect. people can certainly choose different color palette.

The real headache is the trimming---really don't like those unsightly borders---the inner border works fine for me, and I like the font they are using. But the outer broad white border is just off the base. Shall I color the them all into gold or silver? Any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_2924.jpg
    IMG_2924.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 74

The Happy Squirrel

Oooo the gold silver colouring works well with the black and white! But if I were to do it I probably would stick to either just gold or just silver :) As for trimming, I took a look at the deck several times because I did feel the urge to trim the deck but concluded that you really can't with this one..... I think the art work makes it a little difficult to do evenly throughout ....

Debra

I trimmed only the sides. :)

Yelell

I used the sharpie metallic markers (gold and silver) to fill in part of the image. It is a great exercise to bond with the card, dig into the details, and do my research homework (gold means active and silver passive to me, so coloring part of the image emphasizes what catches my attention). I have attached a photo to show the effect. people can certainly choose different color palette.

The real headache is the trimming---really don't like those unsightly borders---the inner border works fine for me, and I like the font they are using. But the outer broad white border is just off the base. Shall I color the them all into gold or silver? Any advice?

I love the gold and silver! I say color away, but then again I tend to be gaudy!

mydearruby

Thanks for all your advice! Perhaps I will do a trial run for each of the options on the border----one only trimmed the side, one brushed with distress ink sponge, and one with treated gold/silver edge. Luckily this is not an outrageously expensive deck, so I can always buy a second copy to pull off what looks the best....

And yeah, I thought about monochrome with only golden or silver, but I just cannot help it with two colors at hand== guess "less is more" is a bit counterintuitive for me. I once saw a friend paint every white part with her kid's crayons. Such a disaster, but still gives me some itch=)