De-Enabling Thread

gregory

Morwenna said:
I've recently been attracted to the Sacred Circle Tarot. Any reason why it shouldn't go onto my (stealthily increasing) wish list?
OHHHH yes. It isn't anything really. Not good on card stock, not very good imagery - dodgy photocollage pretending to be druidry and not really succeeding. Cards are big, too. And as they are flimsy anyway, that's not good.

And the book is DIRE. Renamed majors with no rationale to it all; fluffy use of symbolism which suggests that the author was making it up on the hoof and hoped no-one would notice because its - like, DRUIDS, innit, and it has a pic of Stonehenge in it...

Contrary to popular belief a pic of Stonehenge does NOT make a deck of cards mystical. Not even with added dolmens. You'd do better to buy a postcard and meditate on that.

Carla

gregory said:
OHHHH yes. It isn't anything really. Not good on card stock, not very good imagery - dodgy photocollage pretending to be druidry and not really succeeding. Cards are big, too. And as they are flimsy anyway, that's not good.

And the book is DIRE. Renamed majors with no rationale to it all; fluffy use of symbolism which suggests that the author was making it up on the hoof and hoped no-one would notice because its - like, DRUIDS, innit, and it has a pic of Stonehenge in it...

Contrary to popular belief a pic of Stonehenge does NOT make a deck of cards mystical. Not even with added dolmens. You'd do better to buy a postcard and meditate on that.

Ha ha ha! I haven't even seen it and I'm put off. Well done, Gregory!

Aerin

Morwenna said:
I've recently been attracted to the Sacred Circle Tarot. Any reason why it shouldn't go onto my (stealthily increasing) wish list?

It is very very clumsy photo-montage and real people are so very offputting when they look like 20th century faces playing dress up. The pips are boring. The keywords are distracting. Some of the cards are just wrong, Strength is a macho warrior type and Death is a wimpy female. The borders are huge. I sold it, and I don't do that lightly.

AJ

I gave mine away, even paid the shipping to Argentina to get it gone. I learned some things from the book, but using the cards seemed like toying with victims of nuclear fallout, and how sick is that? The creatures in the deck are Really ill. with unexplained bumps and colors. Eeesh. Of course in typical LoS style the abnormal girls are perky with nipples. Why do they do that? Is it an Italian artist thing?

Starshower said:
SOS! I feel i need the Fey. Stop me, someone. I am a decent, upstanding, middle-aged personage with Taste (some of the time.) Am I losing my grip?
HELP.

(I even posted in the Other Thread ... :eek: )

MoonGypsy

Twice i got the Fey! Twice! :p
And twice i said to myself: "What WERE you thinking???" :p

i won't be getting it a third time...

lunakasha

gregory said:

:bugeyed: :laugh: All true!

I got rid of mine years ago and never doubted my decision.

:) Luna

nisaba

Sacred Circle

gregory said:
Added to that, the models he uses are annoying. The longer you look at them, the more shallow and unlikeable they become. Certainly not People of Power.
And the seams of the deck are not seamless. I thought it was beautiful for a while. I gave it to a friend of mine after years of dust-gathering, only to find that she, too, has it in a corner gathering dust.

There are thousands of available decks. Of them, many, many hundreds at the very least are much better than this one.

Cassandra022

I agree - the borders on the Sacred Circle alone are...just so fugly. FUGLY. The renaming just look straight up confusing, too. Many better decks out there. Not that you should get any.

It also just might smell like sewer. You never know....why risk it? :0

Morwenna

I dunno... I think it was the borders that first attracted me...

nisaba

Morwenna said:
I dunno... I think it was the borders that first attracted me...
Yes, the borders and the backs are lovely, They evilly lure you in. Trust me, the deck's totally not worth it, not unless you cut out the centres and glue in the images from a deck you like better.