Anyone have this reprint of the PKT?

rwcarter

I'm pretty sure that's what comes in one of the versions of the Original Rider Waite. At least the cover looks familiar to me.

Abrac

Yes that cover looks like it belongs with the ORW.

Chas0039

That is not the LWB that comes in the Original Deck. It also doesn't match the ISBN given in the back of the book for the Rider Book version of the "Key to the Tarot"

Maybe look for ISBN 0712670629

http://www.amazon.com/Key-Tarot-Arthur-Edward-Waite/dp/0712670629

They sure look alike. And the Original Pack which is supposed to include the book is actually cheaper.

Chrystella

The one that Abrac posted matches the little book in my older Original, the one with the Temperance card on the cover. But that little book is, you know, little. I've seen a larger book that looks like this - closer to the size of mass market paperback.

rwcarter

The one that Abrac posted matches the little book in my older Original, the one with the Temperance card on the cover. But that little book is, you know, little. I've seen a larger book that looks like this - closer to the size of mass market paperback.
Yes, it is the same version of the first printing of the ORW with Temperance on the cover. The ISBN matches. The book that comes with the versions of the ORW with the roses and lilies card back on the box has a different ISBN because it's a different edition (the Belgium, Italy and China printings).

Abrac

Thanks a lot everyone. I thought it would be good to have a copy of the original 1910 Key to the Tarot for research purposes and to see what it said originally. Original copies are rare and a bit pricey when they do turn up, so it got me wondering if there might be a faithful reprint. Would this one, i.e. the one that came with the first ORW, be what I'm looking for?

rwcarter

Thanks a lot everyone. I thought it would be good to have a copy of the original 1910 Key to the Tarot for research purposes and to see what it said originally. Original copies are rare and a bit pricey when they do turn up, so it got me wondering if there might be a faithful reprint. Would this one, i.e. the one that came with the first ORW, be what I'm looking for?
That would require a side by side comparison that I won't have time for until at least Monday.

Abrac

Thanks Rodney but you don't have to do that. I think I'll email US Games and see what I get.

Yelell

The cover of it on amazon says "revised and updated edition" so I'd wonder about that.

When I was looking for more versions online recently I saw project gutenberg has The Illustrated Key to the Tarot, by L. W. de Laurence - the completely plagiarized one from 1918. Might be interesting to look at, but I realize not a copy of the original obviously.