Tarot decks that went out of print while languishing on your wishlist

Nae Mirier

I recently discovered the Tarocco di Luce and have been pining for it ever since. I think they only made a handful of decks to begin with and I can't find one anywhere and even if I did it would probably be rather pricey. I'm pretty sure it's out of print.

SolSionnach

Le Fanu said:
I know what you mean on this one sravana. It did seem to me to be a bit "culturally busy". New suit, new culture. "O it´s swords, we must be in Egypt."
LOL. Actually, Julie C-W has done a lot of cultural studies, and I think that her research is really spot-on. I actually didn't mind the pips so much (even though it is a cultural mish-mash), I didn't care for the trumps.
Le Fanu said:
One of those decks which seems so very far from tarot origins. Too many subsequent superimposed "tie-ins" and tenuous links.
Yes, I'm with you, after moving to historical (pre-19th century esotericism) decks - but I find that I'm mostly interested in keeping those - and Thoth-style decks! LOL I'm a walking conundrum!
Le Fanu said:
O but the Dodal, now that´s more like it. And still no sign of a reprint there... :(
Well, there will be the Flornoy restoration, eventually. But when I look at the restored cards vs. the original, I want a repro!! You do know about thinbuddha's repro Payen that s/he's going to be publishing soon, right? My mouth is watering over that one, and even if I can't eat for a week I'm definitely getting one!
Promise said:
The Vieville was one of the first decks that landed on my wishlist, before I knew it was OOP. It didn't even occur to me that decks went out of print at that point! Then when I started looking for it, my wittle heart was crushed.
I don't know when I learned about OOP decks - perhaps when I joined this board and learned that my beloved Greenwood and Alchemical were OOP. I'm not letting go of the Greenwood anytime soon, but I did sell the Alchemical (before the Renewed version was discussed). I came to love the Vieville late, too - and was lucky enough to read here about a place in Japan where it was available. Evidently there are likely even Dussere Dodals still bopping around Japan... unfortunately, my Japanese is way too remedial to find them. :(
Promise said:
The Symbolon is one that went OOP while lingering on my wishlist. I had so many chances to get it and I just overlooked it because I thought "it'll be around for a while"....and now I'm kicking myself for it!
Are you sure it's OOP?
Le Fanu said:
Makes me shudder to think of what is on my wishlist now and might be slipping OOP as we speak! Id have been in the same position as you Promise r.e the Vieville. But I saw it in a shop, checked scans, fell in love with it, bought it online from alida. Then moments later, went back in to check the price, found it wasn´t listed, then a week later discoverred it was OOP. Id got the last one. Scarey thought was that Id spent a month dithering thinking "O they have it at alida, no probs..." I almost missed the boat...
:bugeyed: Now that's a story! :bugeyed:
Promise said:
*SIGH* Some people have all the luck...
Okay, here's a hint for you, Promise - there is a great Meneghello reprint deck called the Svizzera 1804 that's available from Alida. Folks have been talking about it around here, so people are probably going to be buying it. GO and have a look at it, and get in on it before it's gone! :) I love it completely, it's a repro and is a standard TdM, compared to the Vieville (which isn't).
:) :)

nicky

Abysmal
Full Moon Dreams

Onyx

Happening right now!

I have been considering the Tarot of Dreams for a while. I just saw the post that it is going out of print. I can't get it now and so I will watch it fade away and consider what could have been.

Onyx.

WolfSpirit

Oh I am sorry, Onyx. Maybe it will be available for a little while still and you may still get it...
I just ordered my copy, reading that it was going OOP was enough to make me stop delaying it any longer.