Paulina Tarot Study Group~The Sun

HearthCricket

My thoughts on The Sun!!

Richly coloured, we see a young child riding an exotic hummingbird through a lush garden with hands spread out, as though saying "Look, Ma, no hands!". A wreath upon the head and garland necklace gives one that immediate feel of summer childhood days full of carefree moments and innocent joy. Vibrant wildflowers are scattered below and fully opened sunflowers reach upward to the sky, encouraging us to "seek joy". (LWB) A radiant sun rises above with the promise of a new day full of excitement and energy. To me this card always represents the child within us that we need to tap into more often, or the joys that those innocent feelings endorse. Try and remember your childhood and the first day in summer where you had no school. A whole summer of adventure, invention (remember making up our own games?) accomplishments, play and creativity awaited you to just jump in and enjoy! I really love the way the colours of this particular card jump out at you compared to many of the other cards in the deck. You can feel the energy of the Sun and the life and joy it bestows on everything! I like to refer to this card as the Dandelion Wine card (see Ray Bradbury's novel).

betille

Dandelion Wine card -- I like that!