Thoth Princess of Cups

rachelcat

Earth of Water (solid water = ice crystals)
Astro = Autumn
Body of water = waves at the beach, sea foam

Animals are very prominent. Turtle is very large for her to hold like that. Who dances with a turtle, anyway? Dolphin is more like a heraldic dolphin, as on Marseille 2 of Cups, than one drawn from life. The swan on her head also seems too big—like it’s a real swan, not a hat or crest of some kind. So who dances with a turtle with a swan on her head? Lotus is also quite large, but I guess not larger than life.

And what is she dancing on? Maybe stylized waves. And why is she green?

Dress: Crowley’s description makes it seem like he wanted it to be a kind of flapper dress with crystal beads sewn to the hem and hanging down. Or that she is dancing in the waves and salt crystals are forming on her dress as it dries? Instead, this has pictures of crystals near the hem.

Checking on crystal thread.

Solid water is ice, but this isn’t/shouldn’t be a card of coldness. Maybe we should check out the recent water crystal books for more info on this!

Crowley: The ability of water to sustain life and act as a catalyst in chemical reactions. Wow. Turtle is the turtle who holds up the world, so he has to be big! I didn’t know the dolphin is a royal fish, or that a swan symbolizes om. Will have to investigate.

As earth and water and youth, she is everything feminine. Soft, giving, beautiful, shy, sweet, kind, and tender, romantic, and dreamy. Think of a teenage girl without the eyeliner and/or spiky bracelet!

Hexagram 41: Decrease, Mountain over Lake. The gist seems to be humility and smallness will be rewarded. The art of doing things by not doing too much. This is a feminine way of being—be cool and let things happen. Crowley says the Princess is a dependent person but a wonderful helpmeet. I see it more as letting others think they’re in charge and then do what needs to be done in the background.

In a reading: You or someone involved is or should be quiet, helpful, and positive. An attractive, feminine person.