Fairytale Tarot (MRP) -- Page of Swords

Master_Margarita

The Page of Swords is conveyed in this deck by the Russian story of Finist the Bright Falcon, which is rendered particularly elegantly here. The illustrations at this link are from Ivan Bilibin and capture the enchantment of Old Russia magnificently. [To digress, Bilibin was a contemporary of Ilya Repin, left Russia after the October Revolution, then returned to his homeland and died in World War II during the Siege of Leningrad. So I think of Bilibin as being ultra-Russian.]

The illustration on the card is a bit in the style of Bilibin, although Bilibin''s palette favors browns and tans much more than the Page of Swords illustration.

I became familiar with the tale of Finist (who is really an unknown in this story) many years ago. It pleases me because it is a tale of a resourceful youngest daughter who is both intrepid and faithful and overcomes all obstacles (with the help of various supernatural folk along the way) to marry her prince/animorph.She is clever, courageous, and faithful, but not necessarily mature, a perfect manifestation of the Page of Swords.

:heart: M_M~