DECK OF THE MONTH: OCTOBER

conurelover

Mary-El Tarot

Saints, gods, angels, animals, St. Joan of Arc, etc...I love working with this deck. I am studying the wands this week. I find the book essential and may pop into the IDS.

merissa_88

Saints, gods, angels, animals, St. Joan of Arc, etc...I love working with this deck. I am studying the wands this week. I find the book essential and may pop into the IDS.

I love reading about your journey with this deck. It's one of the decks I look forward to studying and the art is so beautiful.

Interesting idea about green eyes and ancestors. Very appropriate for this month. Do you have a favorite wands card?

merissa_88

Motherpeace Tarot

I've begun working with the Playbook and love its connection to astrology, chakras, etc. I'm beginning to get used to upright, reversed, and tilted cards again. For example, I drew The Hanged One (depicting the goddess Artemis hanging from a tree). It was tilted to the right. This meant that I was resisting the opportunity to wait, meditate, serve others or see the situation differently. In my case, it was about being impatient and not waiting for an answer that is unfolding in my life.

I thought tilted cards would be annoying but I really like them. I've found a website that interprets the majors and have added it to my studies. I'm also enjoying working with the deck as I listen to the tarot telesummit.

Rosewater

I am going to commit to using only the chrysalis deck this month. I really want to get to know it. I love the introspective nature of the minors, ut I am finding the troupe / court cards a little harder to deal with. So I am hoping that a solid month of work with it will help me love it even more.

It's the Chrysalis for me too. Can't wait for the book to come out next year, but meanwhile I'll be following Toney Brooks' blog http://www.chrysalistarot.com/ . This guy draws from an amazingly wide range of sources, but then, the cards themselves show that. I'm prepared to draw quite a few surprises from this deck. Please post and let us know how you fare.

conurelover

I love reading about your journey with this deck. It's one of the decks I look forward to studying and the art is so beautiful.

Interesting idea about green eyes and ancestors. Very appropriate for this month. Do you have a favorite wands card?

I can't decide between the Six of Wands (the Archangel Michael), the 7 of Wands (a green-eyed white wolf from the Chariot), and the Page of Wands (St. Joan of Arc).

This week I am studying Swords and think its the 5 of Swords (Athena).

conurelover

Mary-El Tarot

How is everyone doing? This week I am studying Cups.

I thought this deck was daunting at first but am now understanding meanings of cards before I have to look at the book.

merissa_88

Motherpeace Tarot

I'm on the fence about whether to take this deck into November. It's been so much fun!

I love the Playbook but have not spent as much time with it as I wanted. I'm definitely going to keep reading it whenever I have time. My readings today and tomorrow will focus on chakras. There's a nice section on that in the book. And I'll re-read the elements in the astrology section.

I did listen to the Spiritual Path of Tarot Telesummit II. I focused on the earth element, the 2s,5s,7s,9s, Pages, Knights and Queens. I flipped through the cards each day, drawing the first earth card, the first 2 and so on... Reading and journaling with each of the cards was a fun way to integrate the material in the telesummit.

Like most decks, I seem to connect with the majors first. There are certain cards like Strength and the Death card that I know really well by now. But I'm glad I have a book as the imagery in the minors is not always easy to interpret.

merissa_88

How is everyone doing? This week I am studying Cups.

I thought this deck was daunting at first but am now understanding meanings of cards before I have to look at the book.

That's fantastic! How close to the Crowley Thoth is it? I've heard it is strongly influenced by that deck.

merissa_88

I'm going to continue working with the Mary-el. I'm currently doing an IDS with it and posting over in the study group forum.

How is your month going with the deck? I've taken a look at some of the threads on the study group. I loved your post about getting the Sun and Moon in the same reading. Most traditions connect them but most tarot decks don't. It's really interesting that the Mary-El does.

conurelover

That's fantastic! How close to the Crowley Thoth is it? I've heard it is strongly influenced by that deck.

I am not the best person to ask how close it is. I don't think it is very close at all.

But like I said, I don't really know. I know nothing very little about Thoth.

I will continue this deck in November.