At what point to let a deck go?

feynrir

Hi everyone,

I'm having a certain kind of experience with the Golden Tarot of Klimt and I thought some of you might have experienced similar things.

I have had a hell of a time bonding with this deck! Something about it remains really distant, and sometimes it feels downright scary to use. (I have absolutely no idea why.) Recently I had a bit of a breakthrough--it seems to have a very mature and serious personality--but I just rarely if ever feel the pull to use it.

At what point do I let this deck go? I'm trying to keep a tight reign on my collection but I'm feeling conflicted on this one.

re-pete-a

From what you've described they are really working...drawing out of you something that is hidden...

I wouldn't be blaming the broom for making dust....the dust is already present...the broom shows it up...

Personally I'd be doing a med on what that hidden fear was holding...

Perhaps these little gems will help:...

False Evidence Appearing Real...

Feeling Excited And Ready...

By turning the energy into a tool it can be the start of an interesting Adventure which melds it into Joy...

Much better than hiding in dark places ...or blaming a non feeling object...

dancing_moon

FireRaven's deck interview spread opened up a couple of 'difficult' decks for me. :) I pay attention especially to position 5 (How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?) and, of course, 2 and 3 (strengths and limits).

Some decks work better with questions about emotions, some work better with money issues, etc. A deck like Klimt, I would imagine, should be great in dealing with pain, emotional baggage, suppressed fears, etc. Do interview it if you haven't, and it'll be curious to know the outcome. :D You can always let it go later.

ana luisa

Leave it aside for a while. How long ? It depends. Some decks that wouldn't talk to me started doing so years later. I guess each one has their own time. If, after that period, you still can't bond, sell it to someone who could.

gregory

If you are feeling conflicted - wait. Many here have let a difficult deck go and then "had to" reacquire it later. And later always costs more ;)

Miss Divine

It's only happened twice that I let a deck go that I repurchased later. (Gilded and Morgan Greer) There have been many others I purchased and gotten rid fairly quickly afterwards. I never missed them! I also know I won't miss them in the future. They just weren't for me. So it's really different for everybody.

danieljuk

if you like the art or the cards, keep it and put it away somewhere. you might come to it later. If you really hate the art and don't get on with it, I think trade it away, some decks we are personally never going to connect with! Finally if you feel a very strong negative reaction to the card art, I think to keep it and put it away somewhere. There is many stories on the forum of people who bought (as an example) Deviant Moon and hated it and felt fearful of the art. They put it away and later on came to it and didn't feel uncomfortable around it. We change with time, we might feel differently in a year's time than now. But if it's causing a reaction of any type, it's a keep it and put it away answer for me :) If you feel nothing or just hate it, trade away!

I have a deck I can't read at all but I love the art! I keep it and live with regret that it won't give me good tarot readings!

Placebo Scotsman

Well, I have found from experience the most effective way to let go of the Klimt is to leave it and the silk pouch comes in at the foot of a leaky refrigerator while you are in hurry to get to work

However, your mileage may vary

Simple

It depends on how you feel truly. I feel scared or intimidated with Revelations deck even though it gave accurate reading. I let it go, never look back. I gave away Wildwood tarot deck even though it was my favorite and I loved the art. I just couldn't connect with the court cards. Now, sometimes I regret it but at the time, I was feeling ready to move on. Anyway, now, even though I liked the art, I wouldn't get it again as an actual deck. Maybe as an app on my phone for fun.