You know what I like about this place?

seven stars

I've looked in on a few other tarot discussion boards, stuff on facebook, etc., & the one thing that I really appreciate about this forum is that for the most part, what I've seen are just real down to earth, honest (& smart!) people who dig the Tarot & not grandiose narcissistic egos with huge claims & huge affairs.

Whenever I see someone being the Emperor of the Universe honoring everyone with their presence somewhere I just want to slap em. Or at least slip them a banana peel or something.

I know you HAVE to know the kind of thing I'm talking about, don't you?

3ill.yazi

I'm very appreciative of this place because of how knowledgable and courteous people are.

I was recently booted from a Facebook group for suggesting an alternate card meaning, which an "expert" corrected me as not being "the" meaning.

I belong to several Facebook groups about the Tarot, and I find the level of knowledge so much higher here, and the level of ignorance and charlatanism much much higher there

seven stars

I'm very appreciative of this place because of how knowledgable and courteous people are.

I was recently booted from a Facebook group for suggesting an alternate card meaning, which an "expert" corrected me as not being "the" meaning.

I belong to several Facebook groups about the Tarot, and I find the level of knowledge so much higher here, and the level of ignorance and charlatanism much much higher there

ya...I know there are 'all kinds'....plus I just had a really hard crappy day maybe that contributed to my disdain, who knows. I feel disdain, lol.

ravenest

I don't get involved in facebook ... but I suspect, from what I see and have heard, it isnt the best of 'inter-personal' dynamics.

mysticsphere

what i like about this site is that feedback is required for the sake of learning.

My first tarot forum was reddit, which was awful. People would ask for readings or input all day, but would never respond after they got it! So rude. . .

i feel the moderation here is excellent, and the people are very cool. Also the knowledge and conversation is simply fantastic.

Marirowana

I agree! Amazing how much knowledge is here, AND willingness to share with everyone :) all in the kindest way possible, even after answering the same question 100 times. Good vibes, AT!

danieljuk

it is amazing the ego's in divination! my technique could not possibly be wrong! how dare you :)

AT is wonderful at rewarding you when you have got something really right but if you start to have ego and become obnoxious, it will bring you down! you will always be challenged. However in my learning process I have made hilarious mistakes and got things wrong and it's also a forgiving community :p:thumbsup:

The unique thing here (so meta) is that it's really a lot of people with different ideas / methods and systems. I truly believe that tarot and other divination methods are about finding the way that works great for you! We have the freedom to do that here, in other places (cough facebook) you cannot challenge someone who is probably the group's admin. But it's a dangerous place to be when you're beyond being challenged, how can you learn anything new? It's perhaps a collective learning environment here.

Southerngem65

This place is the best learning tool that I have found for tarot. I am so grateful that there are so many wise and wonderful people who are willing to share their knowledge and their experiences without judgement. I can spend hours going through old posts and learning new things. I just love it here.