$8000.00 Glitter Marseilles on eBay

Darkmage

That's just...insane.

The really sad part is that there's some fool out there who will probably eventually buy it. :/

tarotbear

Oh - how many drag queens would spend this kind of money on a Tarot deck? They'd make one themselves for $15 with stuff lying around the house!

Since this person has never sold anything on eBay before, my guess is that someone had a 'wonderful' idea (possibly chemically-induced) and decided that this would be worth $8,000 to someone.

AND ~ how do they keep the glitter from flaking off when shuffling? :D

Laura Borealis

They look heavily laminated to me... the glitter may even be glitter paper laminated to the backs? I can't really tell for sure. For $8000 surely they could have taken some better photos! :p

daphne

That's just...insane.

The really sad part is that there's some fool out there who will probably eventually buy it. :/

I doubt that there is a fool to match that offer. Nobody will buy it.

Laura Borealis

If they do sell it, I'll be sincerely happy for them. The box probably took a lot of work, with all its different compartments and the velvet lining. Artists are never paid what they're worth, though ;) think of Van Gogh, he only sold one painting in his lifetime.

daphne

If they do sell it, I'll be sincerely happy for them. The box probably took a lot of work, with all its different compartments and the velvet lining. Artists are never paid what they're worth, though ;) think of Van Gogh, he only sold one painting in his lifetime.

Well, he is not Van Gogh, and asking 13.000$ for a box...

Laura Borealis

The winking emoticon is perhaps too subtle... :D

daphne

The winking emoticon is perhaps too subtle... :D

Ups, yes, sorry, I didn`t see it. I was quite amazed to read your answer, thinking, these tarot people are really so altruistic and candid. :)

Elven

Oh well, 'seller may not ship to Australia' - I'm safe :laugh:

gregory

He doesn't want to sell it, it says.

So why.....