My puppy chewed my cards!

Seahorse

So I had my cards out on a small table, left them just for a moment to go to the bathroom and when I came back they were all over the floor with teeth marks on a few of them. This maybe a daft question, but as only 3 or 4 are a bit damaged can I still use them?

I have another deck but this was the first deck I ever bought and I kind of rely on it. I trust what it tells me. It still shuffles okish, so perhaps it will be ok just to use for myself or should I now resign it to the place where tarot goes once dead? :(

Puffette

Sure... You can still use them. It doesn't matter if they have some holes in it or some corners missing. I can create my own set of tarot deck with cardboard and they still work no matter what. The image is important..if u still can recognise the card then things are fine. The energies are still the same. The tarot never dies. You can keep a deck for years...more you keep it,better you can rely on it's accuracy.

gregory

Of course you can still use them. They now have added character :D

Emma313

I used to spend hours reading all the "respectable" Sunday papers, as if they held words from God in them...then I had a baby, when she was 6 months old she got a biro and scrawled all over them and then proceeded to puncture lots of holes in them as well.....:D

I took it at the time as a message that all contained within was rubbish (she was right about that)

With regards to your deck, maybe get a new one lol, lovely story

Seahorse

Sure... You can still use them. It doesn't matter if they have some holes in it or some corners missing. I can create my own set of tarot deck with cardboard and they still work no matter what. The image is important..if u still can recognise the card then things are fine. The energies are still the same. The tarot never dies. You can keep a deck for years...more you keep it,better you can rely on it's accuracy.
That is good to know I must say :) the images are intact, just a couple of tooth holes in a few!

Of course you can still use them. They now have added character :D
Yup...a little extra bite to them!! :D

emilygrace

My only concern with this would be that if only a few cards had bite marks, then wouldn't you always be able to tell when you're drawing one of those cards? Or perhaps that's not an issue to you. I do not, however, believe teeth marks will affect how effective your deck is! :)

Disa

That is good to know I must say :) the images are intact, just a couple of tooth holes in a few!

Yup...a little extra bite to them!! :D

HA! That's funny!

Yeah if you love them just use them. Now they happy puppy power. :)

Tanga

Oh no! Cheeky little puppy person! Lol.

Now you have puppy's stamp of approval on them :)

Use them and see. Only you will then know - if for example having holes in certain cards if off-putting for you or not. I personally think I wouldn't mind. But - I've never had this happen.

nisaba

So I had my cards out on a small table, left them just for a moment to go to the bathroom and when I came back they were all over the floor with teeth marks on a few of them. This maybe a daft question, but as only 3 or 4 are a bit damaged can I still use them?
Absolutely! A bit of damage on cards shows that they are used and loved.

A couple of years ago, I babysat my brother's family's house-and-animals over the Christmas/new year period. I had a new deck with me that I hadn't explored yet. The dog was dozing in front of the TV. I went to the kitchen to make myself a cup of Something Hot to drink while I played with the new deck. I got back two minutes later with a cup of Something Hot to find a blushing dog pretending to be innocent ... and no deck. Several hours' searching later, I found the greatly-chewed-up box under the house. I never found a single card. I watched her carefully for several hours, anticipating a rushed trip to the vet which she fortunately didn't need. I stopped short of checking her droppings over the next day or two. Now, THAT deck, that one I couldn't use. I bought another copy later.

I have another deck but this was the first deck I ever bought and I kind of rely on it. I trust what it tells me. It still shuffles okish, so perhaps it will be ok just to use for myself or should I now resign it to the place where tarot goes once dead? :(
Dead decks COME TO MY PLACE! I am the Keeper of the Universal Tarot Graveyard.

Nah, use the deck. You like it, it has its cards, go on I dare you. Use it.