the sun.*rider waite smith deck

buttercup42

I seem to have a complete different view of the sun card and was wondering if others have ever felt the same. I look at this card and i immediately feel it is about children. To me, it shows me the contentment of children meaning they are happy and at ease in the environment they are now in.

I would love to hear what others have to say about the way I see this card. I honestly do not see or feel anything but this when i come accross this card..

Fulgour

a special card...

Hi buttercup42 :) Welcome to Aeclectic

If you look closely, just under the artist's signature
you can see she has 'hidden' the word LOVE there:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/tarot/pkt/img/ar19.jpg
(click on to view)

Very much in keeping with your thoughts!

buttercup42

sun

thank you for welcoming me fulgour and also for your reply.
i would never have notice that on the card unless it was pointed out to me..interesting....

I do see some cards that bring a certain meaning to me than what the book says and always asked myself if I should go with what i feel or striclty what the book gives as a description. Yes i have read that you could also interpet them as you see them but yet for some off reason, i feel that if i don't go by the book then i am not doing it properly..strange i feel this way but i think i'l get over it...lol

Would you or others please help me out with the five of swords..this is one card for some reason i find difficult. Is it defeat..or fear of defeat..or someone has or will be defeated..what to you does it mean.
tks a bunch
I am so happy to be here ...i love this forum..very informative and a helpful bunch..

buttercup42

oops

sorry me again..i meant to add to the five of swords about it being defeat that is it defeat but with no satisfaction for someone was being dirty about it..he won but yet did not win fairly.
am i correct?

Rosanne

Hi buttercup42. I think without the Sun we would not survive hence it is about the children and the joy and happiness they bring. As an aside -have you noticed there are 21 rays on this sun and a space. It is thought that the twenty two letters of the Phoenician alphabet are a gift from the Sun to us on Earth. I think the space is for the Fool. As to your question on the five Swords, - a negative side to this card can be treason. I also see the defeat you mention, more like his gain is their loss or something gained at anothers expense. Welcome to the Forum I hope you enjoy it here ~Rosanne

Fulgour

Rosanne said:
As an aside -have you noticed there are 21 rays on this sun and a space. It is thought that the twenty two letters of the Phoenician alphabet are a gift from the Sun to us on Earth. I think the space is for the Fool.
This is interesting... I've spent enough time letting my mind wander
"along these lines" so that I've gotten where I have a dreamy feeling.

There are 11 straight rays, and 10 wavy rays, and that extra squiggle.
Add them up (during your odd moments spent pleasantly musing)
and you'll begin to see that Pam painted that squiggle to make 22.

Also, and now we're moving beyond the pale... if you look at the
numeral XIX and then allow the squiggle to blend with that you
will have XIX/ or XI XI or XXII... that squiggle looks purposeful!

Here's another page from the woolgatherer's fantasyland:
The Sun's rays, if you count the black lines, equals 43...
11 straight = 22 black lines & 10 wavys = 20 black lines
and the "squiggle" makes 43 ~ the same number as
the rays projecting from the head of Temperance.

~Fulgour

The_Star

RWS The Sun

buttercup42 said:
I seem to have a complete different view of the sun card and was wondering if others have ever felt the same. I look at this card and i immediately feel it is about children. To me, it shows me the contentment of children meaning they are happy and at ease in the environment they are now in.

I would love to hear what others have to say about the way I see this card. I honestly do not see or feel anything but this when i come accross this card..

The Sun (also) represents our 'inner child' and in the RWS deck The Sun represents a transcendental (beyond the senses) breakthrough.
For instance, love is a trans-sensory phenomenom that also includes sensory pleasure.
The wall in the RWS Sun Card represents the limitation imposed by our 5 senses.
In total (opinion) the card represents and expansion of inner light that reveals transensory liberation and/or pleasure.

For example, a person winning the lottery is likely to experience joy that eminates from within and not as a result of hearing, seeing, smelling, touching, etc.

Advanced adepts experience a constant joy that is unrelated to sensory pleasure. The joy (our natural condition) eminates from within.

cdabs

The Sun

I just noticed today that there is what looks like an "arrow" above the child's head...to the left (as we look at the card) of the red feather. The "arrow" is pointing to the child, I believe. I've been seeing such "arrows" in many of the cards and either I'm reading too much into it, or maybe PCS wanted us to focus on certain things in the cards. I'm referring only to the Original RWS deck. I haven't checked my Universal or Radiant decks, yet.

http://learntarot.com/bigjpgs/maj19.jpg

Someone pointed out that the word, "Love" is below PCS's signature....I never saw that before! Amazing!

I think there may also be the Hebrew letter, "Chet" or "Hhets" which may mean "wall" http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/3_hhet.html Another link says "Chet" means "life" http://www.inner.org/hebleter/chet.htm

This shows up in The Sun card just above the horse's back...immediately to the right of the child.