Incidences when Lenormand has been Literal

Kurenai

A kite is sort of coffin-shaped, too...

I can't contribute any examples as I haven't had any happen, and since a daily draw never worked for me with tarot, I haven't tried it with Lenormand. Maybe I will for a while. Does a single card work with Lenormand or does it need to be a pair, or three cards?

A-ha! I never thought about the coffin being shaped like a kite! Good point!!!

I usually draw 3 cards, because it gives me more information on the message the cards want to convey. Keep a journal, and prepare to get frustrated at time -- because that is how I feel. Sometimes the connections to the cards with what happened to me that day is pretty clear and easy to come by. Other times, not so much. Good luck!

MandMaud

Thanks both! I think I'll go with two as I'm more comfortable with a noun+adjective pair. Now to work out how NOT to lose the notebook!

Sharla, that bouquet emoji made me laugh out loud. :laugh:

Teheuti

I had just gotten a new Lenormand deck and was shuffling it while watching TV when one of the cards jumped out of the deck. I looked down at the floor and saw it was the Ring just as a character on the TV shouted, "Where's my ring?"

A couple of years ago I decided to draw three cards each to identify the two finalists and the winner of American Idol. I had watched the first few shows but missed all up until the final competition. Before watching I was able to determine which two people had made it to the finals from the cards drawn and the winner. The most amazing part, tho, was when the guy who won did so hands-down and without a shred of doubt on the part of his listeners with his song: "I'm Going to Make this House my Home." One of his three cards was the House card (I felt shivers as I looked at it).

Aster Breo

I'm a stage manager, and I worked on a production of Swan Lake a while back. Before I started working on the show, I asked the cards "how will Swan Lake go?" I kept getting Woman + Snake + Fox over and over, so I was worried that some woman in the company or on the crew was going to lie about something and cause trouble.

Then, watching the show one night, I realized the cards were talking about the PLOT of Swan Lake -- how Odile pretends to be Odette and steals the Prince.

I should have asked "how will *working on* Swan Lake go" or something like that.

I'm more careful about how I phrase questions now. ;-)

Padma

I'm a stage manager, and I worked on a production of Swan Lake a while back. Before I started working on the show, I asked the cards "how will Swan Lake go?" I kept getting Woman + Snake + Fox over and over, so I was worried that some woman in the company or on the crew was going to lie about something and cause trouble.

Then, watching the show one night, I realized the cards were talking about the PLOT of Swan Lake -- how Odile pretends to be Odette and steals the Prince.

I should have asked "how will *working on* Swan Lake go" or something like that.

This made me really laugh! What an awesome example! Cheeky Lennies...

On another note, my niece is currently on an ocean survival expedition with the military, and was to spend her day at sea...her "card of the day" in the Lennies app was the Fish card! :laugh:

Girl Archer

I had just gotten a new Lenormand deck and was shuffling it while watching TV when one of the cards jumped out of the deck. I looked down at the floor and saw it was the Ring just as a character on the TV shouted, "Where's my ring?"

A couple of years ago I decided to draw three cards each to identify the two finalists and the winner of American Idol. I had watched the first few shows but missed all up until the final competition. Before watching I was able to determine which two people had made it to the finals from the cards drawn and the winner. The most amazing part, tho, was when the guy who won did so hands-down and without a shred of doubt on the part of his listeners with his song: "I'm Going to Make this House my Home." One of his three cards was the House card (I felt shivers as I looked at it).

Great stories! Aster Breo, thanks for illustrating the importance of phrasing well. So it is all down to phrasing, in lenormand? It doesn't matter what your thoughts/intention is?
Like for example, I asked if a certain person is associated with Institution X, but what forcefully popped into my mind is the teacher at X. And then these cards showed up positive for Y working at X.Now I wonder if it was about Y, or the teacher (the person who was on my mind) :confused:

Girl Archer

P.S. So, Lennies require NO intuition whatsoever?

On other threads I may have spoken about this friend of mine who used to drain me every time I did love readings for her. So, I decided to take the Lennie instead, and... I still ended up with one helluva headache and this pukish feeling. Felt markedly better once we walked out. Then again, maybe it was the horrible music they were playing at Pizza Hut and the food even. Nonetheless even with Lennies I felt a certain blockage. Like while describing her future spouse I got Fox + Man + Bear. I told her he would have reddish hair, be of average height, short and stocky build, freckly maybe... Or if we take it literally, a foxy teddy bear of a man. Right?

Is it possible that things don't change for a sitter at all? She asked what she could look forward to in the next 3 months, and I got cards which showed the present state of domestic affairs. Does that mean I read it wrong, or that nothing will change?

Girl Archer

Does Ring always mean marriage? Could it mean engagement or just some random contract?

My random story of the day - So the friend I spoke of above pulled a pair for advice. She drew Scythe + Bear which I interpreted to be cut down the indulgences and this is funny because she had just finished a Cheese Burst pizza with extra cheese, fries with cheese dip and all that :D

Kurenai

Does Ring always mean marriage? Could it mean engagement or just some random contract?

My random story of the day - So the friend I spoke of above pulled a pair for advice. She drew Scythe + Bear which I interpreted to be cut down the indulgences and this is funny because she had just finished a Cheese Burst pizza with extra cheese, fries with cheese dip and all that :D

For me, "the ring" also comes up in readings regarding jobs -- it means binding contracts or an offer.

I have another story of the Lenormand being literal. A few days ago I pulled out "dog-lady-ship" for my daily reading. I was puzzled by this.... Initially I thought it would mean a good female friend will be going on a trip (or a drive). Or, it could mean that I will be going for a drive with a friend.

Later that afternoon before picking my daughter up from the bus stop, I decided to take our two dogs with me for a short walk. Towards the end of the day it hit me -- the cards were perhaps trying to tell me that I (lady) will be taking the dogs (dog) for a walk (ship) -- interesting too because the ship card also denotes vehicles and I was literally waiting for the school bus to show up with my dogs!

Girl Archer

For me, "the ring" also comes up in readings regarding jobs -- it means binding contracts or an offer.

I have another story of the Lenormand being literal. A few days ago I pulled out "dog-lady-ship" for my daily reading. I was puzzled by this.... Initially I thought it would mean a good female friend will be going on a trip (or a drive). Or, it could mean that I will be going for a drive with a friend.

Later that afternoon before picking my daughter up from the bus stop, I decided to take our two dogs with me for a short walk. Towards the end of the day it hit me -- the cards were perhaps trying to tell me that I (lady) will be taking the dogs (dog) for a walk (ship) -- interesting too because the ship card also denotes vehicles and I was literally waiting for the school bus to show up with my dogs!

Thank you for that Kurenai. Interesting take on the Ship too, I am learning so much already through these various posts.