Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Lo Scarabeo Rider Waite Smith 2008 edition

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Rider-Waite-Smith

Citizen

Abrac 

I finally found a picture of the 3 of Wands online that's big enough to see clearly. Look at PCS's initials on the LS, notice the dot below the S. Then look at the B & C antique scans of the same card, no dot. I agree it's an A. It's definitely not D.

If you think it's the R & L one then it might be. It was published in 2009, same year as US Games' Smith-Waite Centennial (also A - R & L backs). And as Ric mentioned earlier up in this thread, US Games also published the LS version, LS is just a distributor.

I really like the scans I've seen of this deck. I'd try to get one but I just can't get past those titles.
Top   #31
Citizen

garmonbozia 

It's defintely an "A". There is not a doubt in my mind.

I just looked at The Hanged Man, and noticed several line art differences between the LoS deck I have and the "B" and "C". It matches the "A" and the Original Rider Waite deck I have matches the "C", just as it did with The Sun.

I also looked at the signature on The Hierophant. The LoS deck matches the "A". And again, the US Games "Original Rider Waite" deck matches the "C".

I looked through all my RWS decks and I am pretty sure they are all "A"s except the Original Rider Waite:
- LoS Rider Waite Tarot (brown box)
- USG pocket edition, vintage regular size ed., Giant Rider
- PCS Commemorative
- University Books
- Merrimack

So that was a disappointing discovery. I think the only other one I have is the Zolar's, but I didn't feel like digging that one out. I expect it is also an "A".

Has a "B" or "D" deck ever been used for a modern printing?
Top   #32
Citizen

garmonbozia 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrac View Post
I really like the scans I've seen of this deck. I'd try to get one but I just can't get past those titles.
Had I known about the titles, I don't think I would have purchased it, to be quite honest.

I wonder if the earlier white box version is definitely the same thing as this current brown box version? It probably is. I'm just really confused because I really thought I heard someone tell me (and this someone really knows his stuff...usually) that LoS had a "Pam C" deck. Either he misspoke or I misheard.

I am curious about that LoS Tarocchi Rider Waite deck though. If it's just an Italian language version of the same thing, why is it nearly twice the price?
Top   #33
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

LoS certainly have a crackleback. Not sure which it is.

Ric said they are just a distributor for the brown-boxed one. So probably not the nicely coloured one with the blue box. I AM glad I have it
Top   #34
Citizen

garmonbozia 

gregory, is the white/blue box one also an "A"?
Top   #35
Citizen

Philippe 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmonbozia View Post
I really thought I heard someone tell me (and this someone really knows his stuff...usually) that LoS had a "Pam C" deck. Either he misspoke or I misheard.

I am curious about that LoS Tarocchi Rider Waite deck though. If it's just an Italian language version of the same thing, why is it nearly twice the price?
There is indeed a "Pam C" with multilingual titles and a purple emperor on the backs.
As for the price I think there are a hardbox and a book accompanying the deck you mention.
Top   #36
believer in magic

Sulis 

Do both boxes have the same ISBN number? I'd really like one of these.
Top   #37
Citizen

Abrac 

garmonbozia, in his first post, Le Fanu said the cards in the light box and dark box are identical. See http://tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p...80&postcount=1
Top   #38
Citizen

garmonbozia 
doh!

Thanks Abrac, totally forgot what I read.
Top   #39
Citizen

garmonbozia 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
There is indeed a "Pam C" with multilingual titles and a purple emperor on the backs.
I've been trying to find an image, or anything, about this on the internet, with no luck. Is it still in print?
Top   #40

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.