Could readings go wrong?

kamya26

I am a tarot card reader and all my reading have come true except few!
What could be the reason?

I did reading for a girl and all predictions came true except one. I would like to know how could this happen?
I do trust my cards and in divination but a prediction coming out untrue is hard to digest

DownUnderNZer

The future is never set in stone and there are factors that can change it all, such as: free will, natural disasters, unforseen events...even the reader having an off day.

No reader is 100% accurate especially for "predictions" or the "future".....so dont be so hard on yourself.

gregory

Nothing in this world works all the time. And in my view that applies double for predictive readings. That's why I don't really do them. Things change all the time.

tarotbear

"Unfailing Accuracy?"

Your readings may have 'come true' - but were they necessarily 100% accurate?

I do trust my cards and in divination, but a prediction coming out untrue is hard to digest.

GET OVER YOURSELF. No one can be 100% accurate 100% of the time.

"Could Readings Go Wrong?" - Yes; they can and do. Read some of the other threads.

Alamaris

This is the main reason why I avoid using the cards for divination. When I do occasionally use the cards for such a purpose, I always keep in mind that I'm reading potentials, not absolutes.

Think back to an important event in your life. How would it be different if you'd been late, for instance, or stopped to pick up coffee on the way, or turned down a ride? The cards can't show us ALL of our potential futures at the same time. If I'd done a reading the morning of my near-fatal car accident, it could have shown that I didn't get in that car as easily as it could have showed my death.

Be happy with 90% accuracy, as you claim to have, without dwelling on the misses. Without mistakes, there's no learning process.

bogiesan

I did reading for a girl and all predictions came true except one. I would like to know how could this happen?
I do trust my cards and in divination but a prediction coming out untrue is hard to digest

Wishful thinking. Oracles are never immediately clear, they are riddles and often ironic or only partially delivered.
Divination is either accurate or it is not. How can it be real one moment and not real the next? To say you erred in the interpretation of your failed predictions is too convenient. To say you guessed at the accuracy of your positive results is far easier to swallow for a skeptic like me.

However, there are many people on this forum who genuinely and deeply believe their tarot cards not only possess the ability to see into the future but they can return their senses to this location in space and time and deliberately arrange themselves physically in an order that will communicate the nature of the upcoming predetermined future events to their handler.

There is a logical and double-blind test for divination. If the ability to foretell the future is real, it must have been used to benefit someone or, perhaps in a more egalitarian view, to do some kind of good for humanity in general. Neither of those outcomes, or claims of such, has ever been able to stand up to legitimate examination and survived a comparison with forecasts based on guessing or random number generation.

As tarotbear says, accuracy is unlikely but that's not good enough. Accuracy is, by definition, a certainty. One is not accurate some of the time. One is accurate all the time or one is not accurate at all.

tarotbear

However, there are many people on this forum who genuinely and deeply believe their tarot cards not only possess the ability to see into the future but they can return their senses to this location in space and time and deliberately arrange themselves physically in an order that will communicate the nature of the upcoming predetermined future events to their handler.

I DARE you to diagramme that sentence! LOL!!!!

I don't understand the middle of this sentence:
they can return their senses to this location in space and time and deliberately arrange themselves physically in an order that will communicate the nature of the upcoming predetermined future events.
Please explain.

poivre

I feel that All the cards have the answer to our concerns but the cards
that are shown, the day of the reading are the cards that show you
"what you need to be aware of at the TIME of the reading"

If it is the correct answer or wrong answer, it's the information that
is shown for the TIME of the reading. Anything could change hours or days
after the reading. Do another reading and different "information" would show.

:)

Alamaris

Wishful thinking. Oracles are never immediately clear, they are riddles and often ironic or only partially delivered.
Divination is either accurate or it is not. How can it be real one moment and not real the next? To say you erred in the interpretation of your failed predictions is too convenient. To say you guessed at the accuracy of your positive results is far easier to swallow for a skeptic like me.

There is a logical and double-blind test for divination. If the ability to foretell the future is real, it must have been used to benefit someone or, perhaps in a more egalitarian view, to do some kind of good for humanity in general. Neither of those outcomes, or claims of such, has ever been able to stand up to legitimate examination and survived a comparison with forecasts based on guessing or random number generation.

As tarotbear says, accuracy is unlikely but that's not good enough. Accuracy is, by definition, a certainty. One is not accurate some of the time. One is accurate all the time or one is not accurate at all.

I disagree with most of this post, but I'll just quickly lay out the things that bothered me the most. A double-blind test has absolutely nothing to do with goodness or benefiting humanity; a double-blind test is a trial in which neither the scientists nor the test subjects know which individuals belong to the experimental group or the control group, for the purpose of eliminating bias from the equation. No psychic, sensitive, medium, or what-have-you has ever fully completed a double-blind test to the satisfaction of scientists, which is what I believe you were getting at in the second half of that paragraph.

One can also be accurate some of the time, and I'm entirely unsure where the belief otherwise comes from. If I do a reading which I interpret to mean that I will travel the next day and run into an old friend, and the next day I do indeed travel but do not run into an old friend, then I have been partially accurate. Although accuracy can be measured in binary, in cases like this, I feel it's far more appropriate to measure it in percentages and ratios. "One part of my reading was wrong therefore it's all wrong" can only lead down a path to cynicism and throwing away one's cards in frustration.

Kitichi

One is accurate all the time or one is not accurate at all.

So, if I miss a bullseye once with a rifle, but hit it 4 times in a row (literally forming a single hole that is 4 holes right next to each other), does this mean I was accurate all of the time or none of the time? :)

I'd guess you'd have to say none of the time, but methinks if it were a person and not a paper target getting shot, that person would disagree with you.

And I probably shouldn't be posting when I'm loopy with exhaustion. :)