Others touching my cards

Lion-O

Stay away from my deck :p

Sorceress_Jade said:
I perfer not to have people handle them. Though, sometimes I will let people look through the cards afterwards so they can enjoy the images or see what a Tarot deck really looks like.
About the same here but I'm a bit more strict. I don't know what it is but the idea of someone actually touching my decks is a big NO NO for me although it does depend a bit on the deck I guess. My main deck is totally off limits to anyone, the idea alone of someone touching it makes me feel unpleasant in one way but also 'confusing' in another.

I also got a second one (I'm not a collector although I do have some decks which I favor. I guess I'll get them eventually, now my prior concern focuses on some DVD's 8)) and although this deck 'feels' or rather 'seems' more powerfull in some way I feel a bit better about the idea of people looking through that one. These thoughts are totally unrational and even as unlogical as it can be since I've experienced much intenser results with this one.

MystiqueMoonlight

Hi Lion-O,

Just out of curiosity what are the 2 decks?

Lion-O

Diana said:
MystiqueMoonlight: Lion-O has the privilege of being the only person on the forums (as far as I know) who has the _____ deck.
And damn proud of it too! :p

Anyway, I never knew the Rider deck was that special; I'd really advice you to get one too! :D

Lion-O

MystiqueMoonlight said:
Just out of curiosity what are the 2 decks?
My first, and the one Diane is referring to (even though she did use one _ too many), is a Mage deck. It comes from Mage the Ascention, some RPG game I still should read up about someday, but although its said to be a game deck it has done miracles for me (I dropped the whole idea of it being a game deck after I spend some time here ;)). My second, most recent, deck is not that special in the overall (but still very special to me) and thats the Rider Waite deck.

catlin

I do not mind others touching my decks as long as they do not touch the one I use for readings for myself but this one is not included in the ones I propose my clients for reading so there is no problem with that.

Liliana

If someone asks me to look through my cards I just cant say no, I love them so much I want the other person to love them too.My kids even getinto them sometimes, as long as they dont loose or destroy any its ok (must admit Im mad one destroyed the box to my Master Tarot, then again maybe it wanted to be free lol) As I dont doreadingsin person for others Idont know about having others shuffle, I think Id just let them cut because shuffling is pretty hard, I cant even do it right yet :) Im not sure if Id let someone else, other than my husband and kids, read with my deck tho

:THP

aeonx

Interesting discussion!
I do let the querent touch the cards, because I think it's 'neccessary' that the cards soak up the energy that the reading 'belongs' to. If you know what I mean. ;)

However, I have one deck that I don't let anyone else touch: The Celtic Dragon. This deck is for me, and for me only. I use it for meditation, past life readings and other readings for myself that are more important (than daily-life ones...). It's tremendously special to me, and I would just hate it if other energies got into it. I do believe that one can cleanse it, but it just wouldn't be the same. As a five-time Virgo, I a bit picky. :p *l*

Blessings,

~aeonx~

AutumnMoonfire

I don't let people touch my cards, but I also don't read much for others, I am simply not good enough at it.

I did have a bad experience when I bought my first Tarot cards and that's why I won't let others handle my cards

fairyhedgehog

Liliana said:
If someone asks me to look through my cards I just cant say no, I love them so much I want the other person to love them too.
I don't even wait for them to ask :) I had lunch with a friend that is interested in Tarot - last time I showed her my Hanson Roberts, this time I had to show her my Whimsical Tarot. I just want someone else to enjoy them with me.

My kids even getinto them sometimes, as long as they dont loose or destroy any its ok (must admit Im mad one destroyed the box to my Master Tarot, then again maybe it wanted to be free lol)
My younger son likes my cards and he is old enough to take care of them (15) We were using the Whimsical Tarot for telling stories the other day and we had a great time. He has a wicked sense of humour.
As I dont doreadingsin person for others Idont know about having others shuffle, I think Id just let them cut because shuffling is pretty hard, I cant even do it right yet :)

I agree about the shuffling. I have found a way of doing it but I never feel I've got it 'right'.

My husband seems pretty relaxed about the cards these days, which is a pleasant change :)

All the best,

FH