Gonna learn Thoth if it kills me - Minors

nicky

Knight of Wands

rachelcat said:
Snuffin says the GD standard is that curving flames are masculine and straight are feminine, so here are four large curving flames from the bottom of the card. He also points out the way the Knight’s wand is pointed out from his groin, and this is emphasized by the white rays in the background behind the cape of fire. They seem to radiate from the same place. So this is a card of masculine impetuous forward-moving energy. Got it!

One thing to remember about Knights is that the are the mutable signs. They come on strong but don’t have a lot of staying power. That’s why they are pictured on horses, moving on through.

Lillie said:
Doesn't the book say that fire of fire/knight of wands is lightning?
Strikes hard and fast and sudden. but don't stick around?

AbstractConcept said:
Both impulse and desire drives the Knight of Wands. Desire to succeed, to try new and exciting things, and the impulse to try to better himself no matter what. What drives a bushfire? a bushfire's goal is to keep on burning (eventually it will burn itself, and all surrounding environment out). It's like that for the Knight of Wands. In my experience.

I spent some time looking around the forum for this guy and snagged the quotes above because they really seemed to nail this card.

I have a Jimi Hendrix, John Belushi, Jim Morrison thing here...an artist that ends up consumed by their creative flames.

On the positive side...just the guy ya need to get a project off the ground.

Nicky

nicky

Queen of Wands

Water of Fire= steam...I like this ...because according to the astrological correspondences that's my card. ;)

As per the card imagery, at first it appears all fire fire fire, but upon close inspection, her breastplate appears to have a chalice upon her heart...water, anyone?

This is a very powerful card, both in imagery and meaning. To have the energy of a raging fire with the compassion of the queen would be wonderful. On the flip side, I feel her fiery nature could pour over everything in it's path.

Teheuti

Scion said:
Actually, Venus is in detriment in Aries. . . . On a weird side note, for some reason EVERY ancient astrologer has insanely negative things to say about this slice of Aries.
So, shouldn't this card (the 4 of Wands) be incredibly negative??

nicky

Teheuti said:

Maybe because it is situated on Chesed, which is ruled by Jupiter, it is less negative than one would assume?

Or not LOL .. I am still trying to juggle the astrology and the Kaballah (and everything else of course).

Scion

Teheuti said:
Not really, because we aren't reading a natal horoscope. As Agrippa says, "This image bestoweth wit, meekness, joy and beauty." But it is more complicated than a chuppah for a wedding, definitely.

I thought I'd sort of spoken to this in the post from which you're quoting... I think that the "Completion" we're talking about in the 4 of Wands is something more akin to the dutiful devotion that unfolds over years... Willing submission. The end of frivolity.

Grigori

There is some discussion on Venus is Aries as it relates the 4 of Wands in this thread in the GD section :)

Always Wondering

similia said:
There is some discussion on Venus is Aries as it relates the 4 of Wands in this thread in the GD section :)

That was a fun study, and I learned so much. I hope maybe someday it will get going again.
Perhaps, if you survive the centre of pestilence. :laugh:

AW

nicky

Prince of Wands

I have looked all over the forum with no success... so, what are those insect like black specks all over this yellow air like portion of this card? Could they be bees?

nicky

Prince Wands

My dear friend Gregory has offered the specks may be cinders...such as one gets from burning...which our Prince is most certainly doing. This fits in well with the rest of the energy on the card...
Crowley's sigil to himself on the Prince's breast would have to make this a very strong card ... we know AC is quite found of himself. :)

In a reading: This card deals with aspects of career, ambition, passion, communication when it comes into contact with strong-willed, commanding, confident, directed energy. When you draw the Prince of Wands you will be interacting with someone pertaining to the reading that exhibits these traits, or need to develop or use them yourself: altruism, idealism, dedication, drive, determination, reliability, responsibility. This is a time you are on your own, and in fact may be called upon to support others.

thorhammer

I love thinking of the Thoth Courts in terms of their elemental associations; hence, Prince of Wands is Air of Fire. That screams to me a gas explosion, or a burst of pure oxygen washing over a candle flame. There's nothing there to really burn, no substrate upon which to act. The energy is sent out into an open area with lots of show but little effect, and the light show doesn't last long. The Prince of Wands burns out fast but he's might entertaining while he's going!

\m/ Kat