The Occult Achievement of the 20th Century-The Thoth

Aeon418

Rosanne said:
It does make me smile that here on this thread about an occult achievement (even though I know the thread poster meant "AN" not "The") we have ended up talking about Thelema practice as if that is a natural adjunct to the Thoth deck,whereas the Book of Thoth by whats his name, is the natural adjunct.
I would argue that the practice is a natural adjunct for some people who wish to gain practical experience of the teaching encoded within the deck. The Book of Thoth is a distillation of that same teaching, and represents Crowley's mature thoughts on it in the final years of his life.

If someone wants to keep it on a strictly intellectual level, thats fine. What I do find a little tiresome is the nay-sayers who stand on the side lines and jeer at anyone who does want to delve more deeply into the Thoth. I might understand the objections if the subject matter was being forcibly rammed down peoples throats, but it's not. In fact the only proselytising I have seen comes from infrequent visitors to the Thoth forum, who's sole mission is to tell everyone how wrong we all are. But after they've scored their cheap shot where are they?

Grigori

I think we're ready to move on to a new topic now. I look forward to many new threads on the occult background of the deck for folks who appreciate that, and also many new threads on the deck as a stand alone reader's tool for folks whose interests are there.

G :)