Three-Card Daily Reading

Nitegoddess

Hope.. Fear.. Opportunity..

Ok, Feebie .. Couldn't let this one go.. It just really caught my eyes.. This is what I pulled..

Hope: 7 SWORDS - DIPLOMACY

Getting support from fellow collegues to obtain what I want. Funny thing is .. I am uncertain what it is I want. I know that I want to obtain excellent grades in school and find a job that will be within my family structure.

Fear: 8 OF CUPS - ABANDONMENT

The word abandonment strikes fear to me. Life without my family would be devastating to me. However, I dont see this pertaining to my home life. I see this pertaining to work. I must let it go after this season. I can no longer go along with how things are dealt with. This card also goes nicely with the 7 of Swords.. bite my tongue..

Opportunity: 6 OF SWORDS - SOLACE

Moving away from difficulties.. This can mean my trip to Michigan to just get away.. or leaving my job behind..

Any suggestions?

nodntap

Nitegoddess said:
I like to use this Three-card Daily Reading. It help assess three areas of your lives. The Physical, Mental, and Spiritual.
I feel I get greater clarity .

Card 1: Where am I physically?
Card 2: Where am I mentally?
Card 3: Where am I spiritually?

I found this spread in Tarot Companion by Tracy Porter
ISBN 1-56718-574-6

Good Luck and Enjoy..
;D

You might want to add one more card to the spread.

Card 1: Where am I physically?
Card 2: Where am I mentally?
Card 3: Where am I emotionally?
Card 4: Where am I spiritually?

Ani

So many options for only 3 cards, I like it.

cormac

oh i'm so glad i stumbled onto this thread -- so many good ideas and i think a bit less daunting for the beginner like me to do a day's spread as opposed to past, present, future -- perhaps one day is enough to look at for now ;) -- thanks for all your work and sharing on this subject :)

sharpchick

For a three card daily, I also like:

1 - Challenge
2 - Advice
3 - Outcome

(Draw a fourth if a clarifier is needed.)

inarnah

Hi,

I would like to add this 5 Card spread i found in the gilded tarot its a Daily one.. I was looking for a daily one on this site but only come across 3card spreads, which i found to be too short, for my requirements..
This spread for me is really worth saving as it gives you all aspects of daily life and not just your own emotions/feelings on a daily basis.. I hope that it has not been repeated here goes..

Daily Spread

1. Works
2. Home
3. Unexpected
4. Your Role
5. Outcome

Well I've just done mine and it really looks quite eventful.. Heres to Tomorrow!! :)

Bonnie

Three Card Spreads

Many thanks to everyone who has shared a foundation for the three card spreads. I think it is important to note, as one previous post did, that the foundation for the spread (i.e. whether it is identified as past/present/future; mind/body/spirit; morning/afternoon/evening etc) can easily change, on a day to day basis, depending on where the Seeker's focus for that specific day is.

I think we also need to look at the physical form of the spread - whether it is linear (either horizontal or vertical), or placed in a triad. The energies change with each format. To test this, take the three cards that you have drawn, and place them in the three diferent formats. I know that I get a different feeling from them, as the energy flows in a different manner for each.

One added note: This is also an interesting spread to try doing a comparative reading with: i.e. taking the same three cards from a different deck, and placing them along side the first three cards drawn. Note what new information is received, and how you se teh two decks in different ways.

Tarot is fun, as well as informative!