Pros and Cons Thread Enabling+De-enabling

greatdane

I agree, herself

The Place Vampire Tarot was very sticky for quite awhile, but now it's about perfect (and only 259,409 shufflings to make that happen! lol). I must get the borders trimmed off. I'm hesitant to do it myself, so will take to a print shop to have it done. Aesthetically, I really like the size and shape, but shuffling is another matter.

Pam O

The Place Vampire Tarot was very sticky for quite awhile, but now it's about perfect (and only 259,409 shufflings to make that happen! lol). I must get the borders trimmed off. I'm hesitant to do it myself, so will take to a print shop to have it done. Aesthetically, I really like the size and shape, but shuffling is another matter.

I did the corner rounder tool and The Place Vampire Tarot is MUCH better! It would probably look good trimmed too. I don't know if I've seen any examples of that on the trimming threads.

PS Mine is STILL sticky since I have not shuffled it 259,409 times... and I doubt I ever will since I'm NOT quite that attached to this deck. :)

greatdane

LOL Pam O!

Well, actually I just would bend and rub the fronts and backs of the cards and that made them more flexible and less staticky and sticky. So didn't really shuffle as much as handle them A LOT esp for the first few months. Now the cardstock is just fine, they're just too big, but I think once I get them trimmed properly....

Eyebright

Tarot of the Holy Light

I've been wanting to get the Tarot of the Holy Light for a while now...but I can't make my mind up on it. Can anyone help me out? :confused:

Le Fanu

I've been wanting to get the Tarot of the Holy Light for a while now...but I can't make my mind up on it. Can anyone help me out? :confused:
Pros; fabulous, dense, baroque, lush colouring, crazed, spooky-looking. Everything you dream of in a tarot deck.

Con (only con); you can only really get so far without the book. I have reached a kind brick wall to be honest now. I have bonded with it as much as I can, identified the alchemical engravings &c. Now I need the book. It's quite a difficult deck to get to grips with but definitely one worth investing time in. It's kind of on the back boiler now till the book comes

Bhavana

I did the corner rounder tool and The Place Vampire Tarot is MUCH better! It would probably look good trimmed too. I don't know if I've seen any examples of that on the trimming threads.

I believe there are scans of a trimmed Place Vampire deck in the trimming thread. It looks awesome, though I am no trimmer! I like my decks to stay in their virgin condition. I think the Vampire tarot is pretty great, but then I like all the Place decks. The only con for me for this one is that the cards are way too big. This is the main reason why my deck doesn't see much use.

Morwenna

Place Vampire

I believe there are scans of a trimmed Place Vampire deck in the trimming thread. It looks awesome, though I am no trimmer! I like my decks to stay in their virgin condition. I think the Vampire tarot is pretty great, but then I like all the Place decks. The only con for me for this one is that the cards are way too big. This is the main reason why my deck doesn't see much use.

How big is too big? Like the Sacred Circle or Stairs of Gold? Bigger than standard, anyway? (I haven't had a problem with the above decks; I have long fingers)

Carla

Pam Colman Smith Commemorative Set

I have been wondering about the Pixie commemorative set. Looking forward to true pro/con opinions.

Bhavana

How big is too big? Like the Sacred Circle or Stairs of Gold? Bigger than standard, anyway? (I haven't had a problem with the above decks; I have long fingers)

I just compared the size of the Sacred Circle cards to the Vampire Tarot ( I don't have Stairs of Gold) and the Vampire Tarot is approx a half inch larger in size both in length and width than the Sacred Circle.

I think that the awkwardness of the size of the Vampire Tarot cards is compounded by the shape, thickness, and finish on the cards. They have very pointy corners, that somewhat shiny finish that sticks a little, and are on the thicker side. I also have a very small reading area. I still highly recommend this deck, though!

Melia

PCS Comm. Set

For me, only one pro/con you need to think about with this set.

Do you like thick card stock? If so, it's a positive.
If you dislike thick card stock (that does have a tendency to crease if you bend the cards too far .... and this happened to me) then it's a negative. If you riffle shuffle, you will be shuffling until the cows come home to try and get this set workable.

Other than that, the images are lovely. I'm personally not a fan of the card back with the large signature. It's not unpleasant, but I would have liked a finer patterned back.

For me, this isn't the best version of the RWS tarot, but a lot of people seem to like it. The card stock is the real downer for me.