2012 Edition Victorian Romantic

Belinda2

I am hoping that some copies will be sent to amazon like the BBC was, because the shipping will be less, and for me every cent counts.

Hedera

This is the one I've tried twice and it never sends me an email to click on to confirm.

Thanks you guys for all trying to help.

I am probably stating the obvious, but - you have checked your spam folder, I assume?

Otherwise, it might be worthwhile to send them a message via the page here:
http://baba-store.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=25 and explain your problem.

If it's not working for you, you are probably not the only one!

Hedera

Yep, I did check the junkbox each time. I tried the link you posted. Maybe it worked? Thank you. :)

Fingers crossed! :)

And anyway, you won't miss the pre-order as long as you're subscribed to this thread; I'm sure people will post about pre-ordering here. And the deck isn't actually released until fall, so there's plenty of time!

garmonbozia

I am also excited about the reprint. But OH I wish they would not change the card images. Changing the backs is enough for us to tell one printing from another.

I know what you mean, but it does make perfect business sense to do it. If the artist sees improvements they want to make, it is their right to do so. Also, significant changes will create an interest among many current owners to want to buy the deck a second time, and it also keeps them from feeling that their current copy has been devalued. But like I said, I know exactly what you mean and I feel your pain.

As someone who is relatively new to tarot collecting, it's exciting to find out that an out of print deck (that cannot be obtained any longer without a bank loan or a second mortgage) is being reprinted. This excitement is usually followed very suddenly by disappointment and fear when I learn that a ton of changes are being made to the next printing. Sometimes the changes are a good thing, and sometimes they are not.

For example, I am very much looking forward to the reprint of the Bohemian Gothic tarot in 2013. Comparing the changes that were made between the first and second edition, almost every single change was an improvement in my opinion. I would love to own the second edition, and it looks perfect to me as it is now. What if I don't like the changes that will likely occur with the the third printing? What if the deck I waited a long time for is now something I don't really care much for?

It's a valid concern for someone who was not and is not able to own a previous edition of something they admire. Had I found and joined this forum even a month sooner, I may have been lucky enough to get in on a group order for the Lilac Twilight Lenormand. It pains me that I missed that. I'm very glad that it is being reprinted, but the news that a lot of changes are being makes me really nervous that I won't like the new version. I doubt that I'll be able to afford paying $200 for a $20 deck on eBay any time soon, so if the changes are significantly worse to my eyes, that'll suck for me.

As for the Victorian Romantic, of the two changes on the facebook page, I think that one is an amazing improvement, and that the other is much for the worse. Nothing I can do about that, but when this happens, some of the excitement about it being reprinted is replaced with regret that I'll likely never own the first edition which is currently being listed for ridiculous prices on ebay ($400).

AJ

Nothing I can do about that, but when this happens, some of the excitement about it being reprinted is replaced with regret that I'll likely never own the first edition which is currently being listed for ridiculous prices on ebay ($400).

I sold my pristine gold edition here in our trading forum for $260 last month.

Sulis

garmonbozia said:
As for the Victorian Romantic, of the two changes on the facebook page, I think that one is an amazing improvement, and that the other is much for the worse. Nothing I can do about that, but when this happens, some of the excitement about it being reprinted is replaced with regret that I'll likely never own the first edition which is currently being listed for ridiculous prices on ebay ($400).

There are more than 2 changes shown on the Facebook page. There's the Queen of Swords, The Hanged Man, the 8 of Coins, the 3 of Wands and the Ace of Wands. I'm sure there will be more soon..

I like the changes they've made, particularly the Queen of Swords but I have a copy of the first edition (well used although I don't use it these days) and I have a Gold limited edition too so I guess that's why the changes don't bother me.. I won't be getting this latest edition because I tend to read with TdMs these days.

If you really want a first edition then you should consider becoming an ATF subscriber so that you can get into Tarot Trading - you'll find much more affordable copies there than on Ebay.. They come up once every few months.

garmonbozia

There are more than 2 changes shown on the Facebook page. There's the Queen of Swords, The Hanged Man, the 8 of Coins, the 3 of Wands and the Ace of Wands. I'm sure there will be more soon..

You're right, my bad. They only have two up where they show the old card vs. the new card, and since I don't have the first deck, I cannot compare the changes to the other cards.